ernest sports ES12 portable launch monitor?

tmtitleist411

#covertpondering
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.9
I saw this while flipping through March's golf digest, and was wondering if anyone here has ever used one, and if they actually work? They say you get what you pay for, and for $250 I'm wondering if its actually legitimate, if it is I may have to check it out eventually.

Saw this too. Curious to hear some feedback from someone using it

I saw this while flipping through March's golf digest, and was wondering if anyone here has ever used one, and if they actually work? They say you get what you pay for, and for $250 I'm wondering if its actually legitimate, if it is I may have to check it out eventually.

I have used it at my local shop. One of the guys working there had purchased his own and even convinced the owner to buy one for the store itself. They work pretty good and are accurate to an extent. All your getting is your ball speed and yardage. I wish they made Mini Trackman devices.

I know we have a couple threads about it that you might plug into the search engine. My issue with this one is that it's sort of worthless without a minimum of launch angle and back spin, especially for fitting purposes.

I'm skeptic.

Does the ES12 measure launch and spin? The ES12 does not measure launch and spin however, based on field testing with the Iron Byron, the ES12 reacts to various launch and spin conditions.

Pretty silly answer. If you only care about ballspeed and assumed yardage, then it's a great tool.

I have used it at my local shop. One of the guys working there had purchased his own and even convinced the owner to buy one for the store itself. They work pretty good and are accurate to an extent. All your getting is your ball speed and yardage. I wish they made Mini Trackman devices.

that's... Pretty useless. I was hoping for spin rate, launch angle, etc. Guess you really do get what you pay for when it comes to launch monitors.

that's... Pretty useless. I was hoping for spin rate, launch angle, etc. Guess you really do get what you pay for when it comes to launch monitors.

Yea... You definitely don't get that with the ES12. I sure wish you could get that with it, but really it's only ball speed and yardage.

I know we have a couple threads about it that you might plug into the search engine. My issue with this one is that it's sort of worthless without a minimum of launch angle and back spin, especially for fitting purposes.

I agree with you 100% on the lack of ability this thing can do. I wish their was something portable to show it all.

There are some portable units that are very capable, though still not Trackman. Just that they are in the 1000's rather than the hundreds. Seems like a fun idea, but I just don't get the point.

Back