Ever purchase clubs on eBay from Japan?

Bosco...

JB Cobb III told me to do it.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12’ish
Curious about the shipping and import duty (if it applies). Saw a few things that caught my eye.

No but have looked at gear and Always appears on expensive side )

Can’t comment on your purchasing and taxes framework …

Import duties can really kill what looks like a good deal. But it also depends on what the state or government wants to collect that on.

Might have to dig a little deeper. I don’t know why Odyssey gives the good stuff to Japan.

7CH, Microhinge? Yes please.

F448476F-0C31-4248-80CC-68AD52FC517B.jpegC90E9140-8D9E-4234-9FD8-287D73BF4832.jpeg

I often pause at some of the Callaway staff bags on eBay from Japan - I could probably live with the price and the shipping but into the UK the import duties would probably kill it for me.....

These eBay listings are usually just people who buy the item on Yahoo Auction and then drop ship it to you. It's often cheaper to you use a proxy service like Buyee and look for the stuff on Yahoo Auction yourself.

There are so many good deals to be had on stuff you just can't get here. Also tends to be in good condition as golf is so expensive in Japan that the stuff is often hardly used.

Ive noticed in the last year quite a bit more of the clubs Ive looked at on ebay are in Japan and less in the states. I was curious why that was.

Ive noticed in the last year quite a bit more of the clubs Ive looked at on ebay are in Japan and less in the states. I was curious why that was.
Definitely an uptick of of clubs from Japan, I wish I could filter it out.

You can filter your search by searching just in North America, US, etc.

If you're in the United States, you just pay the shipping costs and that's it, as far as I know. I order stuff from overseas every now and then and I've never had to pay any duties or other fees. Folks in other countries definitely do though. That's why I stopped selling clubs to buyers in Canada on Ebay. All the associated paperwork is a PITA.

Import duties can really kill what looks like a good deal.
I think you have to spend over $800 before you have to pay Duty in the US.

Most of the clubs in my bag have come from Japan via Ebay, and I've never paid duty. The biggest purchase was about $450.
I've also purchased grips from Amazon Japan.

Why? A lot of them have free shipping, and most are in better condition than a lot of local stuff. Delivery from Japan from Ebay purchases usually only takes ~4-5 days.

Curious about the shipping
I've gotten items in as little as 3 days from Japan. Never more than 7 days.
The most expensive shipping I've paid from Japan was about $30. Some of the clubs I've bought have had free shipping.

Most of the clubs in my bag have come from Japan via Ebay, and I've never paid duty. The biggest purchase was about $450.

Why? A lot of them have free shipping, and most are in better condition than a lot of local stuff. Delivery from Japan from Ebay purchases usually only takes ~4-5 days.

You may have just pushed me over the edge. I wanna get my hands on that putter.

You may have just pushed me over the edge. I wanna get my hands on that putter.
do it jewish GIF

I would prefer to buy locally but I wouldn't rule out buying from Japan after reading this thread.

I have bought several times from Japan-based Ebay sellers, mostly new or barely used Callaway stuff.

Just stick with the big sellers, they know how to ship without getting tangled up in customs. It is highly unlikely that you will ever have to pay duty on a club that's just a few hundred $.

I've bought watches watches from Japan that were several thousands $, both Ebay and not, and those did lead to some hassle and duty fees.

Have bought several Graphite Design Tour AD shafts from Ebay sellers in Japan and have only paid for shipping. No interaction with customs and no duty was required. Received my shipments in a week to ten days.

Curious about the shipping and import duty (if it applies). Saw a few things that caught my eye.

Didn’t buy golf gear but did get a snowboard off of EBay and was located in Japan. Yes it’s an older freestyle board that I got for a retro event this spring. Took a gamble on the entire sale As was nervous about the shipping and taxes. Was shipped fedex and came to east coast in 5 days. Item was in mint shape and no extra taxes or fees were required. I shipped to my brother‘s house and was dropped off like any other fedex package.
72421293532__0C62B3C4-4D71-44B1-B266-3C9BDDE00FDD.jpeg

Back