Experiences with Project X Black Tour Issue?

Galen Marek

Reaction score
Handicap
I picked up a Sixty in a 6.5 flex on eBay intending to try it in my three wood. According to the specs on the auction it's 69 grams and 3.1 degrees of torque. Anybody played this shaft in the past or currently? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Had a brief session and I think I love my poor man's HZRDUS! I'll give my impressions after a few more sessions but she came out at a stout D-5 and so far feels and looks great.

E37D80A8-14D1-47DF-97F1-B5131C48896A_zps3lc3woph.jpg

Looking forward to your thoughts GM.

These are just some general impressions based on my second range session. I'm playing 18 tomorrow so I should get a better idea then. The dispersion with this shaft is tiz-ight! The ball flew straight with a slight draw. Even on toe shots the shaft held firm and the ball only slightly lost distance but held the same line. I would have been happy to take any of my 15-20 shots with the three wood to the course. Despite the shaft's stability it doesn't feel boardy at all. It has a smooth kick and definitely hits the ball with low spin and on a very penetrating ball flight. I wasn't hitting the ball as high as my Fujikura Motore F3 70 but I was getting more roll out of the Project X. I'm thinking with a little more time I can have this thing dialed in.

I think this would make an excellent driver or fairway wood shaft for strong, high ball hitters and you can find them for a pretty good price. I'll post some more thoughts after some "real world" testing.

Back