Explain this question?

Hey @jdtox, if you would like to be trailing by 3 at the Morgan Cup we will happily let you spot us 3 points. You know, in the name of sportsmanship.

How in the world can an OEM with a global sports presence have this go out?

View attachment 9002161

This is either a company that doesn't care about their social media presence or it's a company that is currently looking to replace their social media director.

My response to that question... is a question. How many leaders, after 2 rounds, have ended up winning the Masters?

aside from that... a very poorly worded question...

Live look at whoever hit the button to publish. 😆

I think i get what they are trying say, some perform better under pressure, and some can fold when too comfortable, but cant think of any who would like to be down 3 on the course.

Honestly with the smaller golf market they more than likely hold, their social media genius is probably from the table tennis department

Is this really that confusing? The question is which type of pressure you’d rather perform under, the pressure to maintain/extend a lead or to catch the leader.

Is this really that confusing? The question is which type of pressure you’d rather perform under, the pressure to maintain/extend a lead or to catch the leader.
I don't think it is confusing at all. It's just dumb. Who would rather choose to be down by 3 strokes?

There is no explanation other than the guy running social media for Wilson golf (and probably others in the building) don't understand golf.

Ask Wilson about option #2. Seems like they have been playing from 3 strokes behind the competition a lot lately...

Huh. I understand what they were going for there, but maybe a smaller number would have been better? Up/Down by one?

Pretty much every time I see something from Wilson, it makes me wonder if they're actually trying to not be taken seriously. Their marketing and social is...very curious.

Stupid.

That's the only logical explanation I can think of.

I get it...being in the lead sometimes adds pressure by thinking "just don't screw it up" which leads to screwing it up, while being "in the hunt" can lead to being more focused to chase down the leader. That said, even though some athletes are good at coming from behind to win I don't know of any athletes (other that distance runners and cyclists) who prefer coming from behind rather than being in the lead to begin with.

I don’t understand or comprehend why anyone cares about a tweet. Just go play your game and be so very very grateful and happy to be able to do do.
You or a loved one or friend could be in a situation where you’re.. deprived of happiness, children problems, out of work or deathly sick and you get all uptight over “social media”

Seems pretty consistent with what we've seen from Wilson the past several years. Sad.

Wilson is really good at asking questions no one else is. Or rather they are asking questions no one wants the answer too. Haha.

“hey you know what would be awesome?”

“we take our ball that is actually pretty good and we sell a less durable version that doesn’t have paint? We will call it raw! Everyone is into raw. Right? Well no one has thought of a raw golf ball! We will be considered visionary!

Sure, it was a silly question and par for the course with Wilson. YET, we are talking about it here and I bet the Twitter world was laughing too while the tweet was up.

I would have left that up and taken the hit, don't they say all publicity is good publicity. They could have made jokes with it and some fun memes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I do like Wilson lol, for the first time in my life I just bought brand new Iron set (yes I drink a little koolaid)
But it went to The new Hogan.. however Wilson was right there as possible number one. Cost won out. I did play Wilson Ci6. Liked them well enough. Just a used set, already 6 or 7 years old when I got them.
Kinda like the underdogs :D Even if they be all like raw and naked
Heck I thought tour edge was ... gawd I don’t know, until I recently ho’d a two ? Year old basic driver that I like! (HL4)

I can remember raw golf balls... well ok the kind that had what looked like rubber bands inside of them! Seems raw to me!

Back