Favorite Album of the 90’s for us Old Timers

While the Counting Crows AAEA is my pick... I can't believe this hasn't been listed.

Attachments

• Sublime_Self-Titled.jpg
    Sublime_Self-Titled.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1
Can’t pick one, but these all come to mind. They were always in my CD changer. 😁

Stone Temple Pilots / Core / Crackerman
Toad The Wet Sprocket / Dulcinea / Something’s Always Wrong
Cranberries / Everybody Else is Doing it, So Why Can’t We? / Linger
Cowboy Junkies / Lay it Down / Angel Mine

there's a reason we needed 50 CD changer boom boxes. I mean these albums are Soo good...

think we got on my favorites

Tool, RAGE, Nirvana, green day, blink 182, RHCP, 311, sublime

There's a lot of albums that made up the 90's for me. But this one just floored me and made me a lifelong fan.

localh.jpg

Can’t pick one, but these all come to mind. They were always in my CD changer. 😁

Stone Temple Pilots / Core / Crackerman
Toad The Wet Sprocket / Dulcinea / Something’s Always Wrong
Cranberries / Everybody Else is Doing it, So Why Can’t We? / Linger
Cowboy Junkies / Lay it Down / Angel Mine
Cowboy Junkies , now I get into that. Was listening to The Trinity Session yesterday evening.

Yes! This and Recovering the Satellites are spectacular
They've done some incredible stuff throughout their career. Each album has a unique sound and vibe.... All resting on Adam's mental picture at the time. Love the short 4 song thing they put out not too long ago. So different, but grew on me.

there's a reason we needed 50 CD changer boom boxes. I mean these albums are Soo good...

think we got on my favorites

Tool, RAGE, Nirvana, green day, blink 182, RHCP, 311, sublime
What do you mean 'needed'?! Still have the CD changer in my garage system!

These guys are from a couple towns over. Love their success!!

Its funny. I drove to the city one day in high school and stopped at a Best Buy. Saw this album with a sticker that said "Yeah Mom this CD has the F word" so I bought it just for that reason only. I did that a lot back in the 90s and it worked out OK, LOL. Fast forward a year later in college and these guy show up at my college to play a show and after the show go downtown to the bars with half the crowd. Lifelong fan since. And still making music.

Green Day nimrod for sure is up there.
Probably Eminem’s The Slim Shady EP though…

1683128512813.png
This is one of the first albums I could sit and listen to every song without a skip and MB20 was the 2nd live concert I had ever seen. Some notable songs: "Push" "3AM" "Real World" "Back 2 Good"

1683128599293.png

This includes "Iris" which was made for the City of Angels soundrack and for me is easily a top 3 90s song of all time. Also includes: "Slide" "Broadway" "Black Balloon"

So many good ones but Nevermind changed everything for me. I still remember watching MTV in Jr high seeing Smells Like Teen Spirit coming on and it being so different than anything I’ve heard before. I became an alternateen after that!

View attachment 9175642
This is one of the first albums I could sit and listen to every song without a skip and MB20 was the 2nd live concert I had ever seen. Some notable songs: "Push" "3AM" "Real World" "Back 2 Good"

View attachment 9175643

This includes "Iris" which was made for the City of Angels soundrack and for me is easily a top 3 90s song of all time. Also includes: "Slide" "Broadway" "Black Balloon"
Saw MB20 with the Counting Crows 4-5 years ago. MB20 was phenomenal!! I was super impressed. That album is amazing.

Back