Favorite feeling in golf?

It's really difficult to pick my favorite feeling in golf because I simply love the game despite not being that good at it. If I had to really narrow it down, I think it's the flushed iron. That being said there are soooo many other things about golf that I love. A well executed shot of any kind, maybe it's the chip shot where you pick your landing spot and absolutely nail it or the drive that you want to start left and bring back right or vice versa. A putt that starts dead on the line you wanted, and you read it right.

Then there's the non-action part of golf. Getting outdoors on a great day, catching up with buddies you may not have seen in a while, the pre-round excitement. The list could go on endlessly as far as I'm concerned :LOL:

Flushing one of my irons. Only happens once every 4 years unfortunately, but I can still recall every flushed iron I've ever hit.

It's tough to beat the feeling of an absolutely pured iron shot that hits and stops on a dime. That flush feeling that goes through your hands is intoxicating.

The other is when I play an early morning round where there is just a slight chill in the air, it's dead quiet out except for the sound of the birds and everything is peaceful around you.

Dialing up a flop shot that goes up, hangs out of view, the next 3 seconds feel like forever, and then it just comes down and DIES beside the pin. Life = won.

Striping a drive like an arrow down the middle of the fairway.

This. I was at the local Jack Nicklaus course last summer and I was buy myself. Pulled up on a 4-some on the tee box jamming to Spice Girls (Sirius: 90s on 9) and they started laughing at me as I pulled up. They offered to let me play through, which I said yes and walked up to the blue tees (they were playing the whites) and I heard a couple of them huff under their breath. I stepped up no practice swing and bombed a long one about 300 yards leaving me a 7 iron in on a par 5. As the ball took off one of the guys said, "Holy $#%t." and another guy said, "Man it's still going." I didn't even watch it land. I started walking to my cart because I knew it was good and left. I was thinking, "That's what you get for making fun of a guy listening to Spice Girls!" hahaha

I’ve posted this before but I’ll put it here too…

I was out as a single and had a foursome ignore me on 10 & 11 tee boxes. They waved me up on 12 (par 3) and when I got there it looked like a dad out with his boys and maybe a friend of theirs.

The dad says to me, without a hint of a smile, “Hurry up, and don’t f$#% it up and make us wait.”

I hit a 7i to 6 inches, turned back to him and said “How about that, I didn’t f$#% it up. I’ll go tap that one in and move on; you gentlemen enjoy your round.”

He turned 8 shades of red and said nothing, and one of his boys stifled a laugh and turned his back.

I like watching the line on my ball not moving as it tracks toward and drops on a +15ft putt.

My favorite feeling… is hitting the smart (but not sexy) shot and seeing it pay off.

I hit 5w out to the middle of the fairway recently on a reachable par 4. There’s trouble right, left and long around the green, so I poked one to at the 100y marker.

All 3 of my partners hit driver and found trouble.

I hit a wedge on and waited while they chipped up. I was last to putt.

The best feeling: dropping that ball in my pocket after two putting and saying “I had four” and hearing the others say 5, 5 and 6.

There are many..... but, one for me is making that somewhat difficult putt to save a par (when it looked like bogey was gonna happen).

If we're all being REALLY honest, it's taking the wrappers off of a new set of irons.

For me, a perfect drive or wedge pitch to <6’ give me great pleasure.

Knocking a shot to a foot! If that is a chip or an iron shot. You know it is good!

Pured long iron for me!

Hitting a crisp long iron!

One of my favorite feelings in golf is hitting a great tee shot. Followed up by an awesome approach shot. Hitting the green in regulation and sinking that birdie putt. Playing the perfect hole and thinking....."That was so easy. Why can't I just do this on every hole?" Lol.

Right now I know what feels great to me. In competition on a brutally hard hole nailing 3 great consecutive shots for a natural birdie. Every single shot was as difficult as they come. Blind tee shot over a mountain shoulder to a gulley pretending to be a fairway, after partner hit one into the desert. 9 iron to a protected back pin that required planning for ~10 feet of side sliding backup. Even the 8 foot putt was a slippery devil. #10 Black Mesa on Friday. That hole in particular will stay with me for awhile. 😎 It's a good feeling!

Being asked for putting tips after 16th hole. - I had 28 putts during the round. I played like crap, but I only had 28 putts.

The sound of a perfectly struck 5 iron

My number one is when there are onlookers and you absolutely hit the shot your drew up in your head. Bonus points if it draws an audible reaction.

At one time, it was kind of the same for me. Many years ago I was in a 4 some of really good golfers. I was right around scratch at the time. This was way back in the day, so there were no tee times. You showed up, put your ball in the tube, and when your ball came out your group was up. So, there was a crowd of about 30-40 guys around the first tee. This was very common back then. What was weird was there'd be a murmur in the crowd while you teed up your ball, but when you addressed it prepared to swing, it would go quiet! That can be quite unnerving, since you know everybody is watching!

Yes, we were all good, but, for whatever reason we just all flat crushed our drives off that 1st tee! As we walked off the tee I heard a guy behind us say, "Jeez, those guys must be pros!" That put me in a great mood, and I played very well that day!

Nowadays, it's a bit different. Nice weather, a pleasant round of golf with friends with a little gentle needling. Then a drink and maybe a meal after the round.

Hitting a bad shot and watching it get a good bounce and roll, ending up exactly were I wanted it to land in the first place. There's nothing like a good miss.

Hitting a bad shot and watching it get a good bounce and roll, ending up exactly were I wanted it to land in the first place. There's nothing like a good miss.

Outside of making the 10 ft + putt for birdie parr or bogey (LOL) that feeling of a warm day, driving into the parking lot and getting ready. A few putts, a few slo mo swings, then hitting that first tee shot where you want it.

My very first HIO in Myrtle Beach.

Back