Favorite moment of a round

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
What is the best moment for you in a round?

Anticipation of the first tee off? Sinking the last putt? What excites you about getting out on the course.

For me, it's the final putt on the last hole with the sun setting in the background. That last moment of warmth in the sun sinking the putt.

Walking or driving off the first tee whether I’m heading down the fairway or into the woods. The beginning of a great round!

For me it’s getting the ball in the cup on 18. Sometimes it’s because I’m ready to be done with the whole debacle, and other times it’s because I don’t have any more opportunities to screw up what has been a good round.

I don’t ever feel good about a round until it’s over. Breaking 100 is a still a big deal for me, and I’ve blown my shot at it by tripling the last hole way too many times.

I love walking down to the first fairway after putting one down the middle. Sun rising over the tree line and a daunting 2nd shot having my full attention.

Actually hitting a drive good enough where I can pick up the tee before it hits the ground.

Putting the ball on the green on the first try at a par 3 and having a chance at a birdie. I don't get that very often so I relish it when I can.

Back in the day 10 times out of 10 I would say it was the time before the morning round on the range, getting there early enough to hit about 30-40 balls and take in the morning air.

Now? I'm just thrilled to be there. Not sure what stage is my favorite.

Whenever I flush a drive...just feels so good

The excitement and anticipation while walking up to the first tee. At that point it still has the potential to be your best round ever, or your first hole in one (or another one, for those of you lucky enough to already have one). All that is yet to be revealed.

Seeing the first drive find the fairway.

Walking/riding to the first tee is the best. Thoughts ranging from "woohoo it's great to get out to play" to "I hope I don't slice it into the road/woods" to "that looks like a rain cloud coming in" run through my head right up until it's my turn.

The turn. 2nd chances, and all.

Ok, seriously. A favorite part, believe it or not, isn't even on the course. It's the walk from the car through the parking lot to the pro-shop.

That walk, silly as it may seem, is full of so much. Hope, thankfulness, anticipation, excitement. Just a general soaking-up of the moment.

It's always been a couple of minutes of rapid thoughts, reflection and even emotion for me and I've... no... idea... why...

...but the walk would sound so much cooler with metal spikes. And theme music.

It was always being on holiday with my old man and pals. That anticipation just a few minutes before the 1st tee, slight headache, sun shining down and a beautiful course and all its challenges stretching ahead of us. Amazing feeling.

On hole 9. Which is a 435 yard par 4 I resigned myself to needing 3 shots to reach. The last couple rounds I hit drives that left me a 7 iron on the second shot. Parred it both times. Those drives were the proverbial shots that bring me back. Both times I just loaded up and swung hard.

Nothing is much better to me than walking up to the first tee. So much golf ahead and all the positive thoughts about the day. Those may be gone after the tee shot, but it's pure happiness and positivity walking up there

It used to be hearing the ball rattle the cup, I'd always tap in even inside the leather, but those days are gone with the flag in, I'll pick the ball up now.

So I guess the tee is my favorite now, just looking out at the hole and the hope of a GIR.

I love the feeling on the first tee. Ready to go, ready for the best round you've ever played.

Walking up to the first tee shot of the round.

I have been playing this game for 47 years and the first tee never gets old. The adrenaline juices me up every single time I play.

Back