Favorite Par 3 Length?

Anything that keeps me in 7,8,9 iron range so about 125-165 range and I'm good.

I like variety, so don't have a favorite distance anymore than I have one favorite par 3 hole. I like the decisions and challenges different holes create.

Depends what you mean by “favourite”.

If favourite means my best chance of scoring, then as short as possible.

If favourite means enjoyable to play, I like variety on the course. I’ve always liked when the clubs needed to be hit into the par 3’s are 3i/4i, 5i/6i, 7i/8i, and 9i/PW.

155 yards... I start getting super comfortable with 8 iron, and that’s a stock 8 iron. With the DCBs it might be 162 yards.

Took way too long to decide on this because I hadn’t really thought about it but I’ll go with 138 yds.

I like a shorter par 3 with danger protecting the green. 135-145 with a bunker or water in the front and danger on one side and the back too so you only have one bail out area.
This for me as well. Make them shorter with lots of danger and a tough green. I have 2 long ones on my home course that are 210 and 230 and are just no fun to play. But the shorter one with water and bunkers and a tucked pin is so much more fun because you be aggressive instead of the just hit the green and two putt.

130-160 is a good range. I don't like them over 200 that is just brutal

Somewhere between 140-175. I really don't like courses where every par 3 is in that 185 and up range, which seems to be a lot if you play longer tees

Short knocker here, so I like anything from 120-150. That will have anything from a PW to 7i in my hands. If I have to nail it down closer than that I'll take 130, which is a smooth 9 iron for me.

No favourite length, but once it starts going over about 175 it starts to get a little trickier for me.

125 - 170. I don't like anything longer than 170.

180. Long enough to make you really proud of a solid shot.

depends on the day 😂

144 is such a good number with my 8 iron

153 yds for me. A smooth 8i.

255 yards...........ha jk.

more like 155-170ish

We have one of those at my club.

I never thought about it I don’t think I have a favorite distance. I would feel good about 152 which would be a small 7i.

175-185 is a lot of fun. Its long enough to make people really antsy but short enough to be a mid iron for most.

I would say somewhere between 130 and 150 so PW or 9 for me in most instances (unless downhill). Just make great swings with those clubs and do really well attacking the pin comfortably.

Ideally <105 so I can hit a 54 or 58 degree wedge. More realistically, 140 - 150. 9 or 8 iron.

Are we playing for money or just for fun?

I like a par 3 that I can hit Pw-8i max. Feel like that gives me the best chance to get close and without it being silly short. However I just played Primland Highland Course in VA and they had a 130 yd Par 3 but it played straight up hill. So short holes can be tricky

Some of my favorite are very short - like 100 yards - but with small, hellishly challenging greens

Probab;y 135 - 150 seems to sit in my sweet spot currently. Steady 9 iron would cover most of that distance range, might move to an 8 if the wind picks up.

Back