Favorite Sporting Event Food

FrancisD

Reaction score
Handicap
I met up with a buddy of mine this past weekend that I used to go to a ton of Yankee games with and we were talking about not only missing going to games but also missing the food.

Do you have any favorite food from sporting events?

Mine are:

Yankee Stadium - Lobel's Steak Sandwich, dip it twice and extra horseradish paired with a Hoegaarden. (Don't try to eat it in your seat you will regret it!)
MetLife Stadium - Fat Rooster Hot Chicken Sandwich with a side of garlic parm fries.
Citizens Bank Park - Boardwalk Eats Donut Burger and Chickie's and Pete's Crabfries (I'll throw in Bull's BBQ Bulldog which in all honesty I usually get as well...)

I haven’t been to a live sporting event in years, but I remember as a kid I loved to go, especially for the food. I loved to go to Yankees spring training in Ft. Lauderdale (then it became the Oriels) where we would get carvel ice cream in the little helmets, and soft pretzels and nachos.

Then when we went to Marlins or Dolphins game we could get arepas, and to Panthers games it was always chicken fingers and French fries, and sometimes a soft pretzel there too.

Some of my best memories from childhood are sporting events with my dad. We had season tickets to everything, and my dad would let me stay home from school sometimes in the spring and take me to spring training games.

Children’s Mercy Park (MLS - Sporting Kansas City) - Bud Light Lime

Anywhere - Nachos with extra cheese and sliced jalapeños!

I haven’t been to a live sporting event in years, but I remember as a kid I loved to go, especially for the food. I loved to go to Yankees spring training in Ft. Lauderdale (then it became the Oriels) where we would get carvel ice cream in the little helmets, and soft pretzels and nachos.

Then when we went to Marlins or Dolphins game we could get arepas, and to Panthers games it was always chicken fingers and French fries, and sometimes a soft pretzel there too.

Some of my best memories from childhood are sporting events with my dad. We had season tickets to everything, and my dad would let me stay home from school sometimes in the spring and take me to spring training games.

I totally forgot about the Carvel ice cream in the helmets! These days I've usually had too many beers to think about ice cream but when I take my nephew to a game he always gets that and I have fond memories of me and my sister getting those at Yankees games growing up and making my Mom put the helmets in her purse to take home... I bet she still has one.

I totally forgot about the Carvel ice cream in the helmets! These days I've usually had too many beers to think about ice cream but when I take my nephew to a game he always gets that and I have fond memories of me and my sister getting those at Yankees games growing up and making my Mom put the helmets in her purse to take home... I bet she still has one.

Oh yeah, we always took ours home. We had a whole cabinet full of them.

Growing up, the hockey arena always had the best hamburgers. I remember going there specifically for supper one evening!

Durham Bulls have $1 concession days (hot dogs, sodas, popcorn). Which is great for families.

Cold Beer HERE!! Hog Dog, French Fries, Nachos with Jalepenos. And a fruit cup. ;):LOL:
Keep it balanced. Always. (y):cool:

Play ball!

Baseball... Give me some peanuts and a beer and I'm a happy guy
Also love some nachos cheese salsa and jalapenos

Back