Favorite sports team by single year...?

2010/2011 FC Barcelona. As close to perfection as it gets.

'75 Cowboys....team in decline. a dozen rookies make the team.
Still gave the greatest team ever(according to some) a run for their money in Super Bowl.

2004 Auburn Tigers. I was a student. I was battling cancer at the time . I needed a distraction, and that was a fun one.

Best team in the country that year. And they are the reason why we currently have a playoff.
I like this guy.

All Jordan teams... But if I have to choose... 72-10 and another championship. download.jpeg

The Stanley Cup winning 2002 Detroit Red Wings - STACKED

At the time had 10 future Hall of Famers and a future Hall of Fame Coach. Won The President's Trophy for best record. Conference Champs. Division Champs. All regular season and playoff games Sold Out that year too.

Just an unbelievable team.

2003 Syracuse Orange led by....

Gerry & Melo.jpg

I'm a Chargers and Padres fan, so I have nothing for this thread :(

2013 Real Madrid
2022-2023 TCU Football
2021-2022 Atlas FC back-to-back champions
1687274429467.png
1687274459646.png
1687274497022.png

You know, I have it down to 3 teams one lost a SB, and the other 2 were nothing special...

70-71 Senators, all the games my Dad and I attended can't take those memories away, the team stunk (as they always did), and then the carpetbagger Robert Short took the team to Texas.

Keeping that theme the first year Nationals - and the memories of going to many games in the same park (RFK Stadium) with my wife and my kids - memories like that are better than any title.

Finally same Stadium again the 72 Skins - who lost to the perfect season Dolphins. Dad and I got to go to the 2 playoff games that year, Drubbed the Packers and drubbed the Cowboys. And then it was Dad that said let's run on the field as the clock expired (I was so happy - the Skins became my team and sport after the Senators left town). Dad proceeded to lose his car keys and it was hours before my brother arrived with a spare set.

Fun times. And memories that cannot be taken away.

I am a yankees fan and remember walking into my dads room as a kid and watching the end of this game. Sad.
As a Yankees fan, you have a lot more highlights to celebrate 🙂. Sadly the best moment in Mariners history is a walk off to send them to the ALCS, since they've never been to a World Series.

Still, the Mariners had never won the division before in their 19 year history and were back 12.5 games to the Angel's in late August 🤯. Prior to this miracle comeback, there were talks of selling the team because they needed a new stadium. Griffey was out half the season after breaking his arm on one of the best catches ever, Edgar Martinez won the AL batting title, and Randy Johnson won the Cy Young.

You know, I have it down to 3 teams one lost a SB, and the other 2 were nothing special...

70-71 Senators, all the games my Dad and I attended can't take those memories away, the team stunk (as they always did), and then the carpetbagger Robert Short took the team to Texas.

Keeping that theme the first year Nationals - and the memories of going to many games in the same park (RFK Stadium) with my wife and my kids - memories like that are better than any title.

Finally same Stadium again the 72 Skins - who lost to the perfect season Dolphins. Dad and I got to go to the 2 playoff games that year, Drubbed the Packers and drubbed the Cowboys. And then it was Dad that said let's run on the field as the clock expired (I was so happy - the Skins became my team and sport after the Senators left town). Dad proceeded to lose his car keys and it was hours before my brother arrived with a spare set.

Fun times. And memories that cannot be taken away.
Love that era that you refer to. Enjoyed seeing Frank Howard batting... looked like a Paul Bunyon!
Loved football games telecast from RFK. What a fan base! Jurgensen to Bobby Mitchell or Charley Taylor!

I'm pretty sure no one else will name this one, but you'll see why I did.

The 1974 Bonanza Women's Cross Country Team. They won the Oregon State Championship that year. My wife finished 9th individually and was the 5th runner to cross the finish line for her team. If you know anything about cross country the top 5 runners on a team count in the team score and for 5 runners to finish in the top 10 in a state tournament is an unheard-of domination! All five of those ladies have been lifelong friends--more like sisters than schoolmates. We last saw them all just a few months ago.

P. S. Those same young ladies dominated basketball. They would fast break you to death. A team might stay with them the first few times down the floor. But after that? It was over! One of these ladies still holds a school record in the high hurdles. 48 years and counting.

Jezus this is a tough one. It's like trying to pick your favorite child. :ROFLMAO:

I have 2 really and they stand apart.
#1a 2001 New England Patriots
#1b 2004 RedSox

I really can't pick between those 2 seasons. They were both special. I had never seen either team win.

the 2004 Redsox it had been 86 or so years, I don't think My Grandmother ever saw them win a World Series. We got really close back in 86'. Like 1 strike away.
Coming back from down 0-3 to the Yankees was almost as good as winning the World Series itself.

The 2001 New England Patriots season was where it all started But back then we had no idea, The Patriots had finished LAST place in the division the year before. Drew Bledsoe went down in game 2 and It wasn't looking great. Brady didn't exactly light it up early but we all know how it ended.

The Patriots were the Laughing stock of the league for a long long time and people used to wear bags over their heads at one point. So to Finally win was amazing.

So I couldn't pick my favorite kid (both will tell you it's my cat Cassie) and I can't pick between either of these 2 seasons.
100% agree really tough call. The 1986 Celtics was a great season as we went to a bunch of games that year along with the 2013 Red Sox after the marathon bombing. My son and I ran the Marathon that year so it was especially close to heart

1977 Yankees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a Jersey autographed by that whole team. Great memories.
That is awesome! Me and a few buddies were sitting in Town Pump a bar downtown Detroit and in comes Shanahan, Maltby, Draper with the Stanley Cup. Several drinks were had out of it.

I watched a hell of a lot of the 91 Cubs thanks to WGN. Mark Grace, Sandburg, Dawson, Dunston, Sosa, Maddox before he was traded. Good times

1687310958857.png

My baseball year would be 1967... and the Boston Red Sox. I was in the 8th grade and it was a magical turn around for a team that was usually below .500 in the standings. Yaz got the triple crown, Lonborg was magnificent, and young guys like Petrocelli and George Scott really helped out. When Tony Conigliaro got beaned they went out and got Ken Harrelson. They took St. Louis to a 7th game in the Series - but, couldn’t quite pull it off. What a year!

Back