Feeling Clubhead during swing

asca2

Reaction score
Handicap
Today on the range, I had somewhat of an "aha moment." I realized how much purer I strike the ball when I make a conscious effort to try and feel the clubhead at all times during the backswing, especially at the top of the swing. Is this something you guys do, also? I hear a lot of people mention in, but I had never tried to make an effort to do it.

It makes a huge difference to me. The most consistent shooting is done on those days when I can feel the club throughout the swing. What seems to make the biggest difference is a combination of grip and proper weight distribution. If my grip is sound with neutral hand position so I can see the offset in the clubhead, it becomes clear in my mind's eye what is going to happen at impact. The weight distribution lets me feel the club going back and through without fighting the motion.

It's good to hear that you're starting to develop a 'feel' for the swing. To really get good you need to move beyond swing mechanics. Just remember, that feel will come and go as you learn, but as you get better it will be there more and more often.

In all honestly, I don't know if I've ever consciously noticed it. The swing is just a series of violent movements and blind hope for me most of the time. I find that I do better if I'm thinking of my shoulders or just nothing.

I never had any feel, and it shows in my game. However, with my last lesson, the focus was on developing feel, and the technique was to make half the backswing and then to check where everything is. Similarly, hold the finish and check. After doing that repeatedly for many days, I think I maybe getying some feel for the clubhead, but long term improvement remains to be seen.

It makes a huge difference to me. The most consistent shooting is done on those days when I can feel the club throughout the swing. What seems to make the biggest difference is a combination of grip and proper weight distribution. If my grip is sound with neutral hand position so I can see the offset in the clubhead, it becomes clear in my mind's eye what is going to happen at impact. The weight distribution lets me feel the club going back and through without fighting the motion.

It's good to hear that you're starting to develop a 'feel' for the swing. To really get good you need to move beyond swing mechanics. Just remember, that feel will come and go as you learn, but as you get better it will be there more and more often.

Great info! I noticed also that when I make a conscious effort to have the right set up and grip, it is much easier to feel the club head.

I can experience the team throughout the move. What seems to create the greatest distinction is a variety of hold and appropriate body weight submission. If my hold is audio with fairly neutral side place so I can see the balanced out in the club head, it becomes obvious in my mind's eye what is going to occur at effect.

I couldn't agree more. It's amazing how much better I can feel the club by simply getting the weight off of my toes and into a more neutral position.

Back