Finally got the lag shot out...

kingsxman

Improvement is the objective
Reaction score
Handicap
too high
Its winter here in Minnesota but we have been blessed with a much much warmer winter than can I ever remember. We actually have no snow and it has reached 50 hear a few days this week. Some courses even opened. A driving range by me opened up so that gave me the opportunity to finally try out my Lag shot 7 iron training aid that I got for Christmas.

Now, I'm NOT a great golfer and I've heard stories about how this thing can take mutliple trips to the range just to hit it straight. So imagine my surprise when within about 10 shots I was hitting it "mostly" straight about 130 yards. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I dont have a terribly fast swing so that probably naturally played into it. The lesson I took this year also had me "pause" at the top of my backswing. I think that also helped me with the lag shot.

Anyway, I hit maybe half a bucket like that and just tried to pay attention to how my hands came through the ball (concentrating on bringing my wrists through at the right time). I only brought 2 clubs: the lag shot 7 iron and my normal 7 iron. When I went back to my normal 7 iron it felt like a feather. My first 3 shots were way to the left. But after that...I was hitting them pretty straight and farther than I'd ever hit them. I went back and forth after that between the lag shot and my 7 iron and I have to say that by the end, I was hitting my 7 iron better than I'd ever hit it. Granted...it was off of mats...but the lag shot seemed to really help.

Curious if anyone else has had similar results. Kind of makes me want to get the wedge and driver.

I love the driver for practice swings n trying ingrain certain setup things just dont cheat it by spinning out the shoulders i think its the thing that created a bottom on my driver, like my worst shots are thirty yards further

I've used the driver, 7-iron and wedge.
Combined with the ImpactSnap, they've completely transformed my fame.
The Lag Shot clubs are impossible to hit without using proper tempo and your body. As soon as you start swing with your arms vs turning your body it becomes impossible to hit anything. I found the driver and 7-iron to be easier to swing than the wedge. It's a mental thing for me. That wedge face staring up at me makes me want to control the club instead of just swing it. 6-10 balls with the driver and 7-iron set me up for a good range session with my clubs. If I start to see my ball flight tail off with my clubs, its back to the lag shot clubs for a few swings and that will straighten me out again.

I think this is the best training aid available for real impact on your game. The trick is it teaches you the tempo u need to load the shaft. I hit my 3 wood 250 carry 270+ thanks to lag shot

I think the best thing you can do w lag shot is actually just make practice swings. I dont even hit balls with it now but my strikes are much improved the key is to load the shaft in the second half of your back swing and let it swing itself without turning your shoulders consciously the shoulders will turn themselves to support the recoiling clubhead. And you try to get the whoosh as loud and sharp as possible

Used it again yesterday for the 2nd time. Still like it a lot. My regular club feels like a feather when i go to it after using the Lag Shot. I'm actually looking for used ones now to send my kids. Both of them I think would benefit from it.

Back