Florida monthly get togethers - February 2013

I think we are trying to get a group together for Streamsong too.

Have there been any good deals to pop up there? I cannot imagine they can charge very much during the oppressive summer months

Have there been any good deals to pop up there? I cannot imagine they can charge very much during the oppressive summer months

Once it hits June 1, I believe you can walk for $75 or ride for $100 (Florida resident rate). Pretty sure you have to hire a forecaddy if you ride.

Depending on finances when it comes around, I might be able to pull that off. Bella is already paid for, and I can snag a cheap hotel around there.

Just went and found the email, the Bella Colina deal expires August 31.

I just got off the phone with Jim from Bella Collina, and he said they did their aerification a month ago and will be doing it again August 5th and 6th. I'm looking at going down there to use my all day group golfer deal on August 3rd.

He said since I'm coming from out of town he could probably get me a tee time a week out, but they have a member block until 8:30 on Saturdays, so it would be after that, like 9ish. I'll likely drive down Friday night and get a hotel, then crash there again after golf. If anyone still has their deal from the site and wants to join me, feel free. It's the weekend after the Morgan Cup and I know some you local guys bought the all day deal so some of you getting back from Myrtle Beach might be a little worn out.

I could probably be talked into going down this weekend but it looks like there's a tropical storm coming.

This weekend is bad for me, but I think I would be up for it almost any other weekend. I played there a few weeks ago and it was just a spectacular experience. The greens had been aerated 10 days prior and were already almost perfect. I have a couple buddies who would likely want to come as well.

I just looked at that course , it's 71 miles from me in Tampa but god it looks amazing. When are you planning to play it? I may be interested in joining you guys

I'm looking at the third, probably going to try to get out around 9am, then have some lunch and go out for another 18 in the afternoon. Anyone who wants to join me is welcome to.

i'll throw my hat in - if anything goes on in the south florida area (palm beach) or i'll even spend time up in Melbourne (in laws) every now and then. I have two little ones so getting away for a weekend/long day is a tough sell.

I've got an email in to Jim at Bella Collina to see if he can get me set up with a tee time Saturday August 3rd after his members block goes out, around 9am-ish. If anyone else might be interested, let me know. I'll be going out again that afternoon, as I imagine their rates drop as the day goes on, but I don't know prices or exact time I'll be going.

I keep reading reviews online and am getting more and more stoked to play this course. I counted six reviews on Golfnow that were less than four stars out of ninety total reviews and they were because the course was too hard and one because it wasn't on skycaddie.

Last edited:
Ok I'm on the books as a single right now at 9:40am Aug 3. If anyone wants to play, let me know and I'll pass the info on to Jim at the course to fill the time.

What's s good hotel to stay at nearby where I won't have to worry about my truck getting stolen while I sleep or shooting people who try to break in? There's a Red Roof Inn and a Holiday Inn Express on 50 in a Ocoee I'm looking at that are under $100 a night. Another Holiday Inn Express the other direction in Clermont on 27.

Last edited:
I'm almost certain Tahoedust isn't going to be able to use his all day pass and was going to sell it if someone wanted it. If anyone is interested, send him a pm.

Ok I'm on the books as a single right now at 9:40am Aug 3. If anyone wants to play, let me know and I'll pass the info on to Jim at the course to fill the time.

What's s good hotel to stay at nearby where I won't have to worry about my truck getting stolen while I sleep or shooting people who try to break in? There's a Red Roof Inn and a Holiday Inn Express on 50 in a Ocoee I'm looking at that are under $100 a night. Another Holiday Inn Express the other direction in Clermont on 27.

Greg,
There is about a 50% chance I might be able to make it over there. I will keep you updated.

Roger that. Let me know when you know and I'll have Jim keep another spot open.

Ok here goes, lets set up something monthly and we can use this thread to set up the dates and locations. Do you want to pick like the 3rd saturday or sunday of each month?

Everyone cool with the Naples area for Feb? Any course suggestions? Twin Eagles was pretty nice.

So jealous of you guys! Enjoy the camaraderie!

I definitely cannot make it this time. I really want to play there again soon, but this weekend is a big swing and a miss for me.

It's cool. It's probably best no one from here sees me pay so I can come back and lie and say the course didn't violate me.

Back