FootJoy FreeStyle

Haven't had the spikes come comely out, just partly pealing back from the base. Pretty much have changed them all after using them since May

These shoes are great. Most comfortable I've ever worn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a few of the spikes starting to break on mine as well. I was able to replace them all, but the ones that were breaking were tough to get out.

I had a few of the spikes starting to break on mine as well. I was able to replace them all, but the ones that were breaking were tough to get out.

I think I had mine break really quickly and one of the ones I replaced fell out during a round. Ended up deforming the beveled portion and had to use a knife to get it to hold a spike again.

I bought one of the spike tools that has all the attachments as that was the only way to get some of them out.

I think I had mine break really quickly and one of the ones I replaced fell out during a round. Ended up deforming the beveled portion and had to use a knife to get it to hold a spike again.

I bought one of the spike tools that has all the attachments as that was the only way to get some of them out.

One of mine started early on, but I waited many rounds before replacing it. That was a mistake on my part that won't happen again. I ended up buying the tool as well, but used some needle nose pliers along with it to get the troublesome ones out. I made sure to clean all the fitting before putting the new spikes in.

So I still don't like the look of these, but I tried them on for the first time today, and I'll be damned if they aren't one of the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever put on. They look like they have some new colorways for this year too.

So I still don't like the look of these, but I tried them on for the first time today, and I'll be damned if they aren't one of the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever put on. They look like they have some new colorways for this year too.

They are ugly as sin, but my feet never felt better after a round then when I wore these... until the plantar fasciitis set in. But I don't think that was these shoes.

They are ugly as sin, but my feet never felt better after a round then when I wore these... until the plantar fasciitis set in. But I don't think that was these shoes.

I think it might be. I'm dealing with a mild case of it now that I'm playing regularly again. And I've been wearing the Freestyles.

I think it might be. I'm dealing with a mild case of it now that I'm playing regularly again. And I've been wearing the Freestyles.

I thought it might be from too much flexibility in the sole. At least for me it was carrying quite a bit extra weight. I think I am going to wear these when I ride to test out, but will report back.

Have you had the issue in the past? I saw it creep up in the fall and then got worse while wearing these when I was playing a lot of golf and walking all the rounds.

I've never dealt with it before. My 9 year old has the junior Freestyles and started complaining first and only after golf, but he was playing while I was out with a broken hand. I thought it was maybe growing pains for him. Now I think it's the shoes for both of us. I don't know if it's a lack of stability or if it's just that the soles are thin. And my son is skinny so I don't think it's a weight issue.

It's only the left/lead foot for both of us.

I've never dealt with it before. My 9 year old has the junior Freestyles and started complaining first and only after golf, but he was playing while I was out with a broken hand. I thought it was maybe growing pains for him. Now I think it's the shoes for both of us. I don't know if it's a lack of stability or if it's just that the soles are thin. And my son is skinny so I don't think it's a weight issue.

It's only the left/lead foot for both of us.

Crazy, left/lead foot for me too! The issue started for me with the BioDrives fall 2015, but I think it was because I was wearing a half size too big... but again that is self diagnosis. I have very flat wide feet and went back to my Ecco Bioms then picked these up in the spring 2016... and within 6 weeks I was hobbling. Went back to Eccos, did some icing/stretching and it has pretty much gone away. Now I am thinking I will just get rid of these and stick with my Eccos and 1 pair of Pumas that work.

I have two pair of Adidas Tour X 360 BOA that I've been wearing. They feel very stable after switching back to them from the Freestyles.

FootJoy is giving me a new pair of these since my waterproof warranty failed within a year. I used them a lot so I wasn't going to be surprised if they shot it down, but it was worth a shot.

They don't have the crazy looking blue color option for me, so I am going with the Blue/White.

FootJoy is giving me a new pair of these since my waterproof warranty failed within a year. I used them a lot so I wasn't going to be surprised if they shot it down, but it was worth a shot.

They don't have the crazy looking blue color option for me, so I am going with the Blue/White.

What was the process like to get them to replace it?

What was the process like to get them to replace it?

I bought them from my pro-shop and towards the end of last year they were starting to get wet. I just talked to my pro and he said to bring them in and he can send them back to see what they can do. It took a while to hear back, but I wouldn't blame that on FootJoy. It's out of season here so my pro-shop was probably lax in response time.

All good though, I enjoyed them for the most part. I did end up going through three sets of spikes. The original spikes are just too soft, but again I do walk/play a bunch. Once I added some inserts for some arch support, I had no complaints and thought they were very comfortable.

FootJoy Freestyle

FootJoy Freestyle

Anyone wear the Orange/Blue FootJoy Freestyle Cleats? Thinking of getting a pair wondering how they like the colors. Haven't been able to try a pair on in person.

6f09e450e3520b79996e05958dc34dff.jpg

Anyone wear the Orange/Blue FootJoy Freestyle Cleats? Thinking of getting a pair wondering how they like the colors. Haven't been able to try a pair on in person.

merged with a larger thread on these

I had them last year, my waterproof warranty didn't hold so they sent me a new pair. I enjoy the shoes, very comfy.

The original spikes really don't last long, but other than that, I enjoy them.

Not a big fan of the crazy colors but I walk 99% of the time and they are a lot more comfortable than my old classics.

I love the freestyles but they are the hardest shoes to keep clean. The mesh is almost impossible to clean without using upholstery cleaner and a brush. I have the light color with the boa. I prob should've gotten the crazy colored ones.

I just bought them yesterday!! Haven't played in them yet, looking forward too though. I'm replacing my version 1 adizero shoes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thinking about buying another pair soon maybe the white ones. love my black freestyles.

I've had these since November and love them, but the style is wearing out on me... Kinda sick of looking at how busy the shoe is!

Back