FootJoy HyperFlex Wrapid

I used a light spray of sneaker cleaner plus a magic eraser on the white part of the sole. Works great!

They are pretty stable. I am 225. Obviously it is knit so it's not going to be a football cleat for a lineman, but it offers more support than I expected for a powerful swing. Just don't go running up rocks or tons of uneven surfaces. Super comfy!

I'm actually considering breaking my no-soft cloth style upper rule to buy these. Does the upper provide plenty of stability? I'm always concerned that the fabric upper will allow the foot to move too much from side to side compared to a semi-rigid synthetic upper. Any heavier guys in these (I'm 265 pounds)?
I always thought more support was key for me, but I may start looking at fabric tops from now on, as long as they are waterproof. These do not have the same stability as full leather, but I do not feel any sliding or give while swinging. I'm 205 lbs, if that helps at all.

I always thought more support was key for me, but I may start looking at fabric tops from now on, as long as they are waterproof. These do not have the same stability as full leather, but I do not feel any sliding or give while swinging. I'm 205 lbs, if that helps at all.
I decided to go with the Spieth 5’s. I was leaning toward soft spikes and boa this purchase and got neither, but they look good and I got them for $120 so it was a no brainer.

Been looking at a pair of these. Has anyone worn these who has also worn tour x that could let me know how they compare in regards to comfort and stability? Can’t decide between the two. Will be exclusively for walking

Been looking at a pair of these. Has anyone worn these who has also worn tour x that could let me know how they compare in regards to comfort and stability? Can’t decide between the two. Will be exclusively for walking
I can compare the HyperFlex to the Pro SL which is similar to the Tour X; the pro SL is more stable through the shoe. The hyperflex allows for more foot flexibility since it does not have a full leather upper. The Pro SL's sole is less flexible, too. As far as walking, the HyperFlex is more comfortable to walk in for me since it is less stiff.

I can compare the HyperFlex to the Pro SL which is similar to the Tour X; the pro SL is more stable through the shoe. The hyperflex allows for more foot flexibility since it does not have a full leather upper. The Pro SL's sole is less flexible, too. As far as walking, the HyperFlex is more comfortable to walk in for me since it is less stiff.
Would you recommend the Hyperflex Boa over the Pro SL then? I have an older version of the Pro SL, but like the look and possibly more comfort in the Hyperflex Boa.

Would you recommend the Hyperflex Boa over the Pro SL then? I have an older version of the Pro SL, but like the look and possibly more comfort in the Hyperflex Boa.

I would recommend the hyperflex over the Pro SL. I find it more comfortable.

The only issue I have so far is keeping the knit portions clean after a round in dry, dust conditions. Soap and water does the trick, but the Pro SL's are very easy to wipe off.

Seems timely to revive this thread as I received a pair of these for the BudgetGolf Championship and just wearing them around the house so far they seem snug where the BOA system is concerned and comfortable. Hope to get more time in them break in and try out.

Seems timely to revive this thread as I received a pair of these for the BudgetGolf Championship and just wearing them around the house so far they seem snug where the BOA system is concerned and comfortable. Hope to get more time in them break in and try out.
As we talked about in Vegas - Walking on a marshmallow, great traction during swing, just dont attempt any jukes on the course... also watch steep angles!!

As we talked about in Vegas - Walking on a marshmallow, great traction during swing, just dont attempt any jukes on the course... also watch steep angles!!
I wore them at Ballyhack climbing up and down the hills and had no issues with them. I really was concerned about the waterproofing since it was really wet and I had 0 issues. Might convert me from Puma to FJ full time 😮

some good deals out there for these shoes. Picked up a couple pair of Boas and they seem super comfortable so far.

some good deals out there for these shoes. Picked up a couple pair of Boas and they seem super comfortable so far.
They are very comfortable. I wore these at ballyhack when it was cpo and these were awesome.

Still loving mine. Picked up a navy pair last month on sale. The knit is awesome on my super wide and weird feet.

Wore mine today and they got destroyed in the rain/mud

Wore mine today and they got destroyed in the rain/mud
I have a pair of Pro SL's to wear in the rain for that reason...although I can't wear them walking. I have thought about spraying a waterproof spray over the wrapid but I like the breathability of the knit.

Back