For those who've been hit by a ball ... lets have your story

There I was at the pinnacle of my golfing career, attending The Granddaddy. We're at ECPC and I'm hitting wedges out of the bunker while waiting for my turn to go through my fitting. My teammate @Boder pulls up to my left and starts hitting chip shots. We're both having a great time checking out these fun new wedges and seeing what they can do.

All of a sudden I learned first hand that as forgiving as Callaway wedges are they are not shank proof. Boder sent a hosel rocket straight at my noggin. It caught me completely off guard, things went black for a couple seconds but then I was back to normal. Well normal for me. Luckily it was my head that got hit and not something that could really get hurt.

FF2C8815-22DD-4DD2-941B-E038EBB471A8.jpeg

This one didn't hit a person, but caused just as much pain.

I had a business partner who within the past year had gotten the golf bug. He invested in lessons, clubs, and accessories, including a push cart with gorgeous chrome wheels. You guessed it! He tees off and sends a worm burner on the fly right at one of those wheels and broke the wheel to smithereens!

There I was at the pinnacle of my golfing career, attending The Granddaddy. We're at ECPC and I'm hitting wedges out of the bunker while waiting for my turn to go through my fitting. My teammate @Boder pulls up to my left and starts hitting chip shots. We're both having a great time checking out these fun new wedges and seeing what they can do.

All of a sudden I learned first hand that as forgiving as Callaway wedges are they are not shank proof. Boder sent a hosel rocket straight at my noggin. It caught me completely off guard, things went black for a couple seconds but then I was back to normal. Well normal for me. Luckily it was my head that got hit and not something that could really get hurt.

View attachment 8945761
I should say we are beating a dead horse here with this story but... we are absolutely not!!! Hosel Rocket, at the Grandaddy, into teamates cranium, Yep that happened.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
Last night was the closest I have come to being hit by a ball

We were on the 5th green, and the 18th fairway runs perpendicular to the green - I had just laid my putter down as I had gone slightly long over the green, and just as I straightened up I heard a ball hit the green behind me, followed shortly thereafter by a weak shout of 'Fore'
Turning around I see a pitch mark on the green less than 4ft from where I was stood

If that ball had hit me it would have been on the fly and done some damage no doubt as it was a driver the person hit

Turns out they were visitors, and you can't quite see the 5th green from the 18th tee, but if a ball is going offline by that much I would expect a shout much sooner rather than after the ball has left a big mark on the green and disappeared into the trees between the 5th green and 4th tee

Back