Fort Lauderdale Area end of May

El Rayo X

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What are some good tracks with public access in the area?
Any aeration/maintainance issues that time of year?
Any locals that can chime in?
Thanks!

What are some good tracks with public access in the area?
Any aeration/maintainance issues that time of year?
Any locals that can chime in?
Thanks!
I like Emerald Hills and Plantation Preserve. Those may be two good options. Jacaranda has two courses and is usually in good shape as well. Depending on timing, and if you want some friends, I may be able to get @X.Man and @Canes to tag along. There are a few nice places in North Miami that we could make work as well.

Maintenance and punching shouldn’t be an issue, but I would just double check before you go. They punch before summer, so you should be ok in general.

I like Emerald Hills and Plantation Preserve. Those may be two good options. Jacaranda has two courses and is usually in good shape as well. Depending on timing, and if you want some friends, I may be able to get @X.Man and @Canes to tag along. There are a few nice places in North Miami that we could make work as well.

Maintenance and punching shouldn’t be an issue, but I would just double check before you go. They punch before summer, so you should be ok in general.

Yeah I think this is spot on. Most courses will be out west for "Ft.Lauderdale" proper. Plantation preserve and Jacaranda are definitely the top public courses to look into in the area of Ft.Lauderdale. If you want to take a little drive you can look into TPC Eagle Trace and Osprey point in Boca.

Yeah I think this is spot on. Most courses will be out west for "Ft.Lauderdale" proper. Plantation preserve and Jacaranda are definitely the top public courses to look into in the area of Ft.Lauderdale. If you want to take a little drive you can look into TPC Eagle Trace and Osprey point in Boca.
What did @El Rayo X do to you to have you send him to Osprey Point? Its a decent set up (3 9 hole layout) but the staff is grouchy, I bet the average golfer age exceeds that of the Villages, and the next sub 4.5 hour round I have there will be my first. I would rather drive to Abacoa than play Osprey, but that's just my opinion.

I loved playing the Plantation Preserve as much as possible when I lived in Broward Co. Another really interesting course is Grand Palms over in Pembroke Pines. They have 27 holes there, so you can put together three different 18-hole combinations.

I loved playing the Plantation Preserve as much as possible when I lived in Broward Co. Another really interesting course is Grand Palms over in Pembroke Pines. They have 27 holes there, so you can put together three different 18-hole combinations.
I'm only gonna play 1 day I think.
Plantation Preserve or Jacaranda....which would you choose?

I would probably pick one of the Jacaranda courses.

I'm only gonna play 1 day I think.
Plantation Preserve or Jacaranda....which would you choose?
I would personally choose Plantation Preserve. I played Jacaranda only once and it wasn't memorable to me. I think there may have been a renovation since I moved away in 2016. I really liked PP, though.

I would personally choose Plantation Preserve. I played Jacaranda only once and it wasn't memorable to me. I think there may have been a renovation since I moved away in 2016. I really liked PP, though.
What did you like about it?

Our neighborhood lawn service sprayed some type of fertilizer in everyone's yard Thursday and Friday, WITHOUT letting us know.

Yep, my front lawn looks like it was sprayed with grass killer.

Allegedly, "they thought it was going to rain" so they didn't forewarn anyone to make sure we added water to the fertilizer. :oops:

Our neighborhood lawn service sprayed some type of fertilizer in everyone's yard Thursday and Friday, WITHOUT letting us know.

Yep, my front lawn looks like it was sprayed with grass killer.

Allegedly, "they thought it was going to rain" so they didn't forewarn anyone to make sure we added water to the fertilizer. :oops:
Not what I was expectin! 😂🤣😂🤣

What did you like about it?

It seemed different than most of the south Florida courses I played. Most of them were just "ponds and palms" but PP had a lot of character and interesting holes/routing. I have a hard time remembering the specifics of most of the courses I played down there (only lived there for a year), but PP stood out as different.

Well, I enjoyed Plantation Preserve, although my luck with random pairings is still pretty bad, as I was paired with a couple in their mid seventies who play golf 1 or 2 times a month, and are pretty clueless about basic etiquette.
Managed an 83, which was good for a track I’ve never seen before. The wind was blowing pretty good, too.
Holed out for birdie on #11 from the left side of the green, and birdied 18 from the sand. 2 doubles on the card though.

Last edited:
Back