Knot Right

Reaction score
I bought a set of Ping i5 black dot irons in really nice condition (8/10) last week (3-LW) They had been through Ping's Wrx Dept. and had Dynamic Gold S300's installed. I am going to replace the shafts with something lighter and softer. I've been leaning towards the Nippons Modus 3 115's and KBS Tour 115's. I have hit both of these shafts and they seem like a nice fit for my swing speed and tempo.

However, I have been looking at the FST 115 shafts on Maltby's website as a cheaper alternative. They are only available in a .370 tip which is no problem being a hobbyist club builder. I have comfortably reamed quite a few Ping irons to .370 over the years.

Has anyone had any experience with the FST 115 shafts and their characteristics compared to the the Modus 115's and KBS 115's?

Thanks for reading.

I have used the FST 115’s in several builds over the past few years with good success. I have found them to be very consistent in weight. They do provide a penetrating mid ball flight. If I’m not mistaken, I believe FST makes the KBS line (or vice versa) so you know the quality control is there.

I have used the FST 115’s in several builds over the past few years with good success. I have found them to be very consistent in weight. They do provide a penetrating mid ball flight. If I’m not mistaken, I believe FST makes the KBS line (or vice versa) so you know the quality control is there.
FST manufactures KBS shafts.

The FST 115's will play softer than both of those shafts listed

Back