G/Fore Gallivan2r Shoes

I'm interested, but I definitely need wide.

Have never owned G-Fore shoes but fan of their style but have never seen a pair on the golf course up here. @OldandStiff , have you walked 18 holes in them? I walk most rounds, half of which are in heavy dew so waterproofing and comfort are paramount to me. I also like easy cleanup as walking in all conditions in early morning dew can get them rather dirty and a wipe down is essential after each round.

Your comment about waterproofing of this shoe is big plus but walking a hilly course for 18 holes in pain free comfort is a must. As I get older, I find my feet are complaining more such that some of my Footjoys have been relegated to cart golf only which is very rare. Interested to hear your thoughts.
They definitely clean up easy, but if I have my way I'll never be able to answer the 'walked 18 holes in them? ' comfort question. It's not my thing. I like to ride. I mean I still got 12.5k steps in them during a round because of cart path only, and they were very comfortable, but I don't willingly walk 18.

I'm rating these as extremely comfortable. Big, big fan of that after the round yesterday.

Last edited:
1000059547.jpg

Decided to clean them up after today's round. Couldn't be easier. Feel like you could just hose these things down. Everything just runs right off.

These seem like there is no way that they would be that comfortable for walking a long 18. But…… they are. They don’t feel like a sports crossover show but they are light weight feeling and they are very comfy. You have to get used to the insoles a little but it’s not hard. Otherwise they are very stable and very comfortable for a good long walk. I can’t speak to the gen 2 show but the originals picked up grass in the spikes a lot so you have to make sure you knock them off during a round a few times. Great shoe, comfy and water proof.

Talking traction on another thread..

These definitely aren't a "spiked" shoe in the traditional sense at all. Perform more like a spikeless. And I'd argue there are spikeless out therewith better traction. I have a couple favorite patterns there. I haven't had any issues, but I'd temper expectations for anyone who wears spikes and really works them in the turf.

Are these out yet or do they not yet exist?

The reason I asked is that I went to GG today to get eyes on them but they only had the original Gallivanter. The OG's looked good but I can't say I loved the weird bumpy stuff on the insole. Could take some getting used to but might interesting.

Are these out yet or do they not yet exist?

The reason I asked is that I went to GG today to get eyes on them but they only had the original Gallivanter. The OG's looked good but I can't say I loved the weird bumpy stuff on the insole. Could take some getting used to but might interesting.
GIF by Team Coco

That's the best part. Srsly.

And yes they exist. We'll let you in on this shoe trying party when you get your mind right.

😛

1000065286.jpg

Well the guy that steals all my ideas is wearing them. 😆

Anyone else?

Mine have a lot of rounds on them now and I'm really enjoying them. They're kind of a fixture in my shoe bags and vehicle. Big fan of the comfort and how easily they clean up.

Budget constraints… pretty sure I’ll buy myself a pair for my bday in June 😉

I’m still rocking my Gallivanters, and love them. Can’t wait to try these.

View attachment 9258690

Well the guy that steals all my ideas is wearing them. 😆

Anyone else?

Mine have a lot of rounds on them now and I'm really enjoying them. They're kind of a fixture in my shoe bags and vehicle. Big fan of the comfort and how easily they clean up.
@OldandStiff …. how do they compare size wise and width to size with Ecco’s? How is their waterproofing?

@OldandStiff …. how do they compare size wise and width to size with Ecco’s? How is their waterproofing?
Eccos run big. Everywhere. Eccos are notorious for that. These run a little small compared to some.

Waterproofing is fantastic. Best I've seen. Most TPU shoes still have a mesh tongue, but even that's waterproof on these.

Back