Game golf live - gps tracking - range finder - strokes gained - stats

Wyzyguy

Reaction score
While I am waiting for the new Game Golf Live GPS to arrive I thought I would start a thread to a begin talking about this. Even though it will probably be snowing when the gizmo gets here. Not the best of release dates but I should not complain too much...

I currently use the GameGolf Classic and have been happy with the feedback it has given. Would like the putting data to be a little more robust. It is all post round but gives me good stats with really no effort. On to the future.

I am interested in the combined live real time features of shot tracking/score keeping & GPS rangefinder from one app. I currently use "Golf Shot" app for GPS and I find it to report the distances consistently long by 8-10 yards when compared to partners lasers or gps devices. I do like the preview feature of Golf Shot with the nice fly over of the hole from satellite. Here is to hoping the GGL will be more accurate. Would be one less app to look at.

Sounds like "Strokes Gained" will be in place by year end from what I gather on Twitter. I will post a review when I have a feel for the updated version.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new system Wyzguy.

I am really happy with the existing one and don't think the new one would benefit me. Don't like the idea of using my phone as my gps, prefer using my watch and laser combo in round, and don't like the idea of editing rounds on my phone prefer a larger iMac or MacBook screen which is what I use now so don't really think it has much to offer me.

Still think its an outstanding system.

Well.. Nothing has arrived yet and we have snow on the ground. I could not pass up on half off and new tech... I will probably give the GGC to my Father In Law or one of my buddies. This device really helped me focus and learn from the data. I am a numbers guy so it is interesting to me. Dropped my handicap by about 4 strokes this year. Mostly from 125-175 yards. What I thought were acceptable shots because I could get up an down at least half the time turned out to be the shots I improved on and lowered my HC...

I will get a review posted when available. Thanks for chiming in.

I purchased GG about 3 weeks ago based on what it it capable of doing, and all of the positive reviews on the site. Still haven't used it yet and now the season is over. Looks like I'll put it into play in the spring. :-(

Yesterday I noticed that they still have their 50% off upgrade fee for GGL to existing users so I went ahead and ordered the upgrade. Looking forward to GGL reviews in the meantime.

Note to any of the moderators. There are now two Game Golf Live threads, can someone please merge the two?

I purchased the upgrade to game golf live on 10/30. Since that time I have received two emails saying my order was complete and would ship soon, then two days later I get one saying they are out of stock with no ETA. This company is a mess they have them in stores now but they can't fill an order that was placed on 10/30 yet. I am probably going to cancel the order and order Arrcos this is a joke talk about poor customer service.. I hope you guys have better luck getting yours than I have.

I purchased the upgrade to game golf live on 10/30. Since that time I have received two emails saying my order was complete and would ship soon, then two days later I get one saying they are out of stock with no ETA. This company is a mess they have them in stores now but they can't fill an order that was placed on 10/30 yet. I am probably going to cancel the order and order Arrcos this is a joke talk about poor customer service.. I hope you guys have better luck getting yours than I have.

History shows that communications is not one of their stronger skills. I'm in no rush because the season is over where I live.

History shows that communications is not one of their stronger skills. I'm in no rush because the season is over where I live.

this morning at 8:15 I got an email saying they were out of stock with no eta which prompted my post. Then at 6:15pm I got a message from Fedex that they had shipped me a package. I will believe it when I see it, but hopefully it's in the mail.

this morning at 8:15 I got an email saying they were out of stock with no eta which prompted my post. Then at 6:15pm I got a message from Fedex that they had shipped me a package. I will believe it when I see it, but hopefully it's in the mail.

That's great news. You being in California I'm hoping for a review in the not too distant future. As for myself, don't expect anything from me until the spring. :-(

I get the frustration but... They did give us a 50% discount which is pretty sweet, and we get to keep the original device. I do not get a discount when I replacement a set of irons.

I can't confirm or deny that they are in retail yet but I would not blame them for selling full priced units first to new users. It is a business that is around to generate revenue. I have never had an issue with my GGC so I have never had a need to connect with customer service.

Received an email from them. The GGLive will be here on Friday. Hopefully I can get out to play a little to try it out and give a proper review. Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!1

I bought the cheaper tag only set a few weeks ago, I finally have a reason to use the nfc on my phone. Overall I like it, but I do wish they could make it so I didn't have to take out my phone every time. That is one benefit of the live system I would think. I do like that you can edit the rounds after the fact, because it seems that the app assumes that anytime you use your putter you are on the green.

I bought the cheaper tag only set a few weeks ago, I finally have a reason to use the nfc on my phone. Overall I like it, but I do wish they could make it so I didn't have to take out my phone every time. That is one benefit of the live system I would think. I do like that you can edit the rounds after the fact, because it seems that the app assumes that anytime you use your putter you are on the green.
I haven't used mine yet, but I thought that putts made off the green register as "putter off the green" or something similar to that affect. Can someone please chime in and confirm. Thanks.

When editing your shots after the round you can mark shots as on or off the green.

I just receive notification from FedX that they have received my package and it should be delivered by Friday. Good luck with delivering it by Friday, not with Canada Customs having a peek at it first.

I haven't used mine yet, but I thought that putts made off the green register as "putter off the green" or something similar to that affect. Can someone please chime in and confirm. Thanks.

I don't know, but the couple of times I have used my putter off the green I had to go back and edit the round so that it showed as off the green. I was just off the green though so maybe it was inside the phone's gps margin of error or something.

Mine showed up today a full month after ordering it. I am hoping to give it a try this week have be down with a back problem for two weeks dying to get out.

The GGL has arrived but the weather has be poor here in Michigan. Weather was great on Thanksgiving though!!! Got out for 18. I may try 9 over the weekend just to try the new gizmo out.

Played my first round with it yesterday. The phone app is pretty easy to use only problem I had was it logged out once and I had to log the phone back in. I was not checking at every hole so I realized it logged out on 13 and I was on 17 when I noticed so those holes did not show up at first but after I resumed the round all the shots that were missing got updated in the phone app. Its pretty easy to change things on the app if need be so I am pretty impressed by it. Its nice to see the actual numbers on the course. Only big concern is battery life I have an iPhone 6 with a lifeproof FRE Power case so its not a big deal for me, the phone was at 100% when I started and 39% when I finished the round so you need to make sure the phone is fully charged before you start a round.

I used GG live for two more rounds, for the most part the system works as good as the old version as far as the belt unit and the tags but I have had several problems with the blue tooth connection on the App. I don't keep my I-phone in my pocket and when you lose the connection to the phone it takes a few tries to get it to reconnect, had to actually turn blue tooth off and back on to get it to connect, then once it does it takes a while for the two to sync up. Its still great information but I am not sure the live part of this is worth it, just such a hassle to keep it working. I suppose if you stay with 30 feet of your phone it might work better but I don't want to have to keep the phone in my pocket all day. I may just continue to use it like to the older version and just download the round when I get home.

Weather & Time have not worked out. I not been out with mine yet.

Today I will give it a go. Report back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played 9 today with Game Golf live. The unit arrived yesterday so I didn't really take my time to set it up properly. I had the app before so I figured I could just connect at the course. When I arrived at the course, couldn't get my course map to download. So no report on the live feature since I couldn't see anything on my iPhone even though it paired up. I did go ahead and tap my clubs during my pre shot routine and putts. Only had one hole that I forgot to tap a few shots.

When I got home I still couldn't get the app to work so I deleted it and reinstalled it. I then used the USB to connect the device to my laptop and the round uploaded. So even though I couldn't get the live part to work, it did capture my round. I edited the one hole that I messed up and signed my round. Overall, I liked the unit but hope I can get out tomorrow now that I reinstalled the app. I downloaded my course so I shouldn't have the issue I did at the course.

I actually think my issue was that I had the app from last year but just bought the unit yesterday. Reinstalling the app once I got back home seemed to solve my issues. I was very pleased that even though I didn't have the live feature that the shots and score were recorded accurately. Can't wait to use it the right way next round.

So I managed to get a quick 9 in today and was able to use the "Live" portion of the GG. Worked great for me the first 5 holes. On hole 6, I had a message that it was trying to sync but to play on. So like yesterday I just tagged my club and took my shot. It took most of the next hole before it reconnected and then worked fine the last two holes.

When I ended my round I couldn't get it to sync up my stats so like yesterday, when I arrived home I just used the USB to connect to my laptop and upload my round. I noticed that the upload didn't capture my two penalty strokes so I edited those two shots but otherwise everything was fine.

I did like the live version since my daughter had my laser so I was able to use the GG on my iPhone to get my distances. As for battery life of my iPhone. I started the round with a 100% charge and was down to about 76% when I finished. I didn't have anyone in front of me and played pretty fast so I was right at an hour for my round. For a nine hole round and as fast as I was playing the drain on my battery was a little more than I would have liked. It was only 40 degrees so the cold probably also did't help.

If you are going to use for an 18 hole round on a slow day, I would recommend taking along an external battery back up for the phone. I have a Jockery bar that I use when I travel so I will probably just hook that up when I go out and play 18. So far, happy with the results of the device, not so happy with the results of my game.

Back