Garmin Approach R10 Launch Monitor

I had the r10 and upgraded to the mlm2pro.

I can say from experience you will not get corrected ball flight with the r10 but the mlm2pro is very very accurate.

The downside is the mlm2pro is subscription based and requiring special balls that are not cheap.

I was recently looking at options to upgrade from the mlm2pro but honestly nothing is better imo for the price.

I personally love the unit now that they fixed most of the connect issues and they are currently working on adding club data.

I received my R10 the other day..due to weather and course closure means I have had no chance to use this yet.

same applies to my outdoor net, but what im wondering is if the Titleist RCT balls are worth it for monitoring??

I have it all updated and Awesome Golf setup, ready to rock..when the weather allows! :mad:

I received my R10 the other day..due to weather and course closure means I have had no chance to use this yet.

same applies to my outdoor net, but what im wondering is if the Titleist RCT balls are worth it for monitoring??

I have it all updated and Awesome Golf setup, ready to rock..when the weather allows! :mad:
They are better than nothing, which is pretty much what you're getting (when it comes to spin) without them.

... what im wondering is if the Titleist RCT balls are worth it for monitoring??
I've read all you need is a little dot of aluminum tape stuck to any ol' ball to get spin. Even spin axis can be relatively accurate with just that.

There's a YouTube video of a guy that tests these things that wanted to A:B an MLM2Pro and R10 at the same time. He stuck a dot of aluminum tape to a Rapsodo RPT ball and was getting spin and spin axis on both LMs simultaneously.

Yeah, good to know. I might pick a dozen up..

I am mainly looking to getting the distance and direction. Most of the other stats (for my golf game atm) are not as essential.

Like I said I will be using Awesome Golf on it. And apparently it has come a long way with the R10 in recent times..

I picked up 2 sleeves of the RCT balls last year and I still have all 6 because I only use them indoors. When hitting outdoors I don’t really need a launch monitor other than to test the accuracy. I pick a target and swing. I can feel how well I’ve made contact, and can watch the ball flight. I’m unable to control anything beyond that anyway. But indoors or hitting into a net outdoors is different of course.

As others have mentioned, the spin numbers in tests are inaccurate - especially as clubs get longer. But when I’ve used the device outside and can see what’s going on with ball flight, the two seem to align close enough for me to trust them. I’m other words, I’ve yet to hit a slice and have it read as a hook. When I hit a weak shot, the R10 picks up the distance and ball flight as I see it.

For my purposes it’s adequate for now. Someday I may move up to a camera-based system but the R10 has gotten me through one winter and I’m starting on the 2nd.

Back