General Advice Needed.

Selasmit

Scholar of the game...
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Freddie,

I've been playing this wonderful game for about 3-4 years now, and am steadily improving my game. I came to the game as an ex field-hockey player, and my swing is anything but conventional. Having said that, with multiple afternoons a week spent on refining my swing, I feel that I'm making stead progress.

Is there anything in my swing that you think I should concentrate on? Coming from hockey, the weight transfer is quite different, so thats potentially on my radar. I get plenty of distance (out around 270-280 metres) so anything that can help me with accuracy and/or working the ball would be helpful.

Cheers!

http://vid1287.photobucket.com/albums/a632/tim_sales1/Golf Swing vslow_zpsixkefaod.mp4

Nicely done on the progress you've made to this point. The biggest thing I see is the ball position. It's too far forward in your stance. I would pull it back to the middle of your stance.

This will square your shoulders. Which is key for consistent ball striking. Right now with the ball foward in your stance, the right shoulder in forward and the left is back. This means you're open to the target at address and more than likely over the top. You have plenty of power, we just need it going in the same direction. This should fix the directional issues. Try this and tell me how it works out.

Back