Genuine vs Counterfeit Ping G400 Driver

Genuine vs Counterfeit Ping G400 Driver

Should a person really be obligated to sell something for 10k less than true value. Personally I don't think so. Just my honest opinion and the attorney obviously didn't think so either.

The attorney never saw an eBay auction get held up in court, had nothing to do with the price of the auction. If you don’t want your item to sell for less than what you expect to get for it then you put a minimum reserve price on it, it’s a pretty simple thing to do on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on marketing alone, you would have to think that there would have been a larger disparity in performance of the real one vs the fake.

While 14 yards may seem like a lot comparing real to real drivers...it doesn't seem like that much to me considering the other one was a cheap knock off using sub par materials.

For this test they used a genuine shaft in both the fake and the real G400 and a counterfeit driver likely would also have a fake shaft. I had the opportunity to hit a fake TM driver about 5 years ago and the the crappy fake shaft made it 30-40 yards shorter than the real thing.

No they should not UNLESS they list it as a no reserve auction and agree to the terms of said auction.

But even the attorney disagreed with that, and he knows the law better than I do.

Thanks for sharing. That is a good read. Some a** hat hopefully gets burned for pulling this on them.

I bought some fake TaylorMade clubs on eBay a long time ago. I took one shot and the club head completely broke off from the shaft. I sent them to TM and they confirmed they were fake. They even told me the serial number was a real one but on fake clubs. Always need to do your research when buying from 3rd parties and protect yourself as much as you can.

But even the attorney disagreed with that, and he knows the law better than I do.
So, contracts are nullified and void nowadays. Great. We're screwed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

For this test they used a genuine shaft in both the fake and the real G400 and a counterfeit driver likely would also have a fake shaft. I had the opportunity to hit a fake TM driver about 5 years ago and the the crappy fake shaft made it 30-40 yards shorter than the real thing.
I wonder what the difference would be with the "crappy, fake" shaft in both heads. While it is crappy and fake, there are folks out there with "crappy and fake" swings that it just might fit.

man you gotta have some balls to pull the old switcharoo on a golf shop

Haggin Oaks is local so where I test drive stuff. It's a huge complex with multiple courses and 50+ bays/practice areas and a large golf shop. You can just walk in and grab up to 3 clubs to test and hand over your DL to the check out person. This place gets a TON of activity, so I could easily see someone not noticing the returned fake club - as long as it had the bar code sticker to scan on it and looked reasonably enough like the club they issued, especially when there are 5 other people in line checking stuff out.

That was really interesting, sad that people are actually that shady, but really cool of them to turn it into a learning experience for the golfing community.

Some people suck. It was a bunch of folks like the villain in this story who forced LL Bean to change its long standing return policy, ruining it for others. I can't imagine how a person like this feels good about themselves. I also can't imagine they have any integrity on the course either.

Some people suck. It was a bunch of folks like the villain in this story who forced LL Bean to change its long standing return policy, ruining it for others. I can't imagine how a person like this feels good about themselves. I also can't imagine they have any integrity on the course either.
What change did they make?

Has to be returned within a year and have proof of purchase.

Has to be returned within a year and have proof of purchase.

Oh? I don't think that's too much to ask. I mean there are still ways to get around it, but that's not asking much.

LL Bean used to have a lifetime return policy on their products. People were going through thrift stores looking for LL Bean products and then returning them for new. I had a boss who was quite proud telling me he would return a pair of pants he stained or ripped. Now it is a date limited policy to within a year of purchase.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LL Bean used to have a lifetime return policy on their products. People were going through thrift stores looking for LL Bean products and then returning them for new. I had a boss who was quite proud telling me he would return a pair of pants he stained or ripped. Now it is a date limited policy to within a year of purchase.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yeah, returning thrift shop items is definitely shady. Not hard to get around the receipt requirement, though, so they're probably gonna need to come up with something better than that.

What if the item is new with tags? Will they take it w/o a receipt?

Well we are talking California here, this state unfortunately has a very large portion of the population that wouldn't know integrity if it bit them in the a$$!

I've lived here all of my life, minus a couple of years in Colorado when I was in my 20s, and it has gotten considerably worse the last 10 years or so. We have great weather, great golf courses that we can play year round, but the people and politics have gone way down hill. If it wasn't for my kids and grandkids being here I'd be looking to leave.

If it wasn't for my kids and grandkids being here I'd be looking to leave.

If you lead them, they just might follow. It's worth a shot. There are plenty of red states where you can play golf year 'round.

Back