MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What are your thoughts on him?

he has some amazing talent teaching the game and amazing players in his stable!

What are your thoughts on him?

he has some amazing talent teaching the game and amazing players in his stable!
I’m a fan of the teachings and the communication methods. The persona isn’t my jam. I’ve been following a bunch of his teaching for a few months and my handicap has been dropping a lot.

I’m a fan of the teachings and the communication methods. The persona isn’t my jam. I’ve been following a bunch of his teaching for a few months and my handicap has been dropping a lot.
That’s awesome. Look out scratch! He comes Molten! AC129987-0939-4F14-BFFA-5F20400C8B13.jpeg

That’s awesome. Look out scratch! He comes Molten! View attachment 8928562
Totally stealing that. And no chance at scratch but a 5 is the goal this year. Some of the GG stuff does more ranges than good if you misapply it - is love to see it live but am way not cool enough (or rich enough)

Found some of his videos pretty interesting, but I kind of get bogged down in the explanations of what is going on.

Somewhat agree with the persona stuff. Find it a bit over the top at times.

flat brim, club flippers = no? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

he's not my cup of tea personality-wise. like, AT ALL. but I do really like what he has to say about the golf swing. if I could afford him, i'd consider doing some lessons with him. but I can't!

Can't argue with the Science :drinks:

IDK if it was just the article but I get the impression Butch Harmon thinks he's a good instructor...

He is dang good. That said I find his YouTube videos as bits and pieces. I always feel like something is missing for me to get what’s happening.

does anyone understand what the GBox does? Does it just show rotation of the hips?

:drinks::drinks:

I watched his stuff for a while and his persona does not mesh with me either. His teaching and understanding of the swing seems on point. Watching his students hit is incredible. There's so much movement in that swing that it scares me. I tried that swing for a bit and I think you need in person hands on coaching if you want to incorporate it

I watched his stuff for a while and his persona does not mesh with me either. His teaching and understanding of the swing seems on point. Watching his students hit is incredible. There's so much movement in that swing that it scares me. I tried that swing for a bit and I think you need in person hands on coaching if you want to incorporate it
Right? There are some swings that 5-6 inch head dips!

Right? There are some swings that 5-6 inch head dips!
I worked with a coach for months to try to get the squat motion out of my swing as it was killing me. On the occasion I timed it right it was incredible but those were few and far between..

He has good advice on getting to the front foot and shallowing the club - go for that. Has a vid on youtube with Chris Como. See that.

He's got some really unique and interesting techniques and methods, definitely makes the training interesting. I have to compile a list of them to bring to my practice regimen

If you have studied the golf swing, what he is teaching is good He has a different way of explaining how to get it there but at the end of the day he gets to the same stuff as others but hes successful doing it. Others say they cant get down with is persona, but I dig it. Hes a product of his environment.

Like others, if I could afford it I would take a couple from him.

I like what I've heard from him about speed and rotation

Back