Going to my first PGA event tomorrow

Xarraan

Reaction score
Handicap
Any rules or anything else I should expect and be mindful of?

Keep ya camera/cell phone in pocket. Enjoy your day!

Mute the cell phone, and don't be the jackass yelling after every tee shot.

In the hole, yahtzee, etc it is all silly and at this point annoying.

Have fun!

visit the tournament website to see what you can and can't bring in or you'll be sent back to your car (usually no cameras, sometimes no cell phones).........grab a pairing sheet on the entrance or as soon as you can, might even visit the website to see when and what tees the players you'll want to see tee off...I usually enjoy walking all 18 holes (so I remember the holes while watching on TV) and spend some time on the practice tee and putting green.....usually I find a few groups with big name players and switch between the groups....follow one for 3-4 holes, then wait for the next groups that I want to see....repeat again in the afternoon.....sometimes I'll check out the flyovers on the internet to check out the holes also before heading out.

Yell baba booey a lot??? Just have a great time dude and get around and see the guys you want to see. Make sure you get enough water and be mindful of being in the sun all day.

So much fun, even my wife enjoyed it! Have a great time. Be respectful is all I can say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'll be at the U.S. Senior Open in the next couple weeks. My first event as well and am beyond excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spend some time as far away from Tiger as you can, the crowds will be smaller so you can get closer to the action. I do agree with walking the whole course.

Make sure you hang out on the range for a while - it's a truly phenomenal experience.

Have Fun it should be fun

If you see the dude yelling Mashed Potato's Slap him please

Spend some time as far away from Tiger as you can, the crowds will be smaller so you can get closer to the action. I do agree with walking the whole course.

Absolutely. Everyone wants to see/follow Tiger (mob)- keeping the other players with a lot less fans following them.

Back