Golf Balls at the Pro Shop?

A little pricey at the clubhouse. I usually have enough balls to make a round. If not I'm sure I will find some Pro V1's out on the course. :ROFLMAO:

Never I always stock up from the golf stores like PGASS or Vans

Personally, never unless it's a logo ball from a new course I'm playing. I currently have 16 dozen balls stockpile, so I should be good until at least after the Bag Boy Championship.

My wife, on the otherhand, will need to buy balls in the pro shop sometimes because even if she has a stockpile at home, she'll forget to reload her bag because she always has a million things running through her head at any given moment and realizes she didn't restock her bag until she gets to the course.

And then there are clients who never seem to have balls and need to get a couple dozen of ProV1s. Have at it, man. I'm expensing everything anyways.

Uhhh never. I usually bring enough golf balls that I could hit into every water hazard twice & still have balls remaining :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, no!

When they said it was $66 for a box of Chrome Soft X I said "no thanks!"

I don't know that I ever have outside of a logo ball for my collection.

Other than a souvenir, never, or not since the Acushnet Club Special was about $1.50 a ball in a fish tank on the counter

Generally only if I really need them

I don’t think I ever have.

I have seen maybe 25-30% of the time someone buying balls, by the box most often.

for playing, rarely. as they are often pricier than purchasing elsewhere. But I always buy a course logo ball at any new course I play.

Never anything more than a sleeve of something I've wanted to try and haven't found in sleeve form elsewhere. Too overpriced. Too easy to get a dozen shipped quickly and cheaply these days to pay inflated pro shop prices most of the time.

How often do you buy golf balls from the pro shop at your local course or club?
my hoarding supply at home and essential need to pack 3 new sleeves plus random balls allows me to gift them after playing partners find the water....

Never once needed them at the course.

I can honestly say I have never purchased a sleeve of balls at a course.

Once, because I was in a rush to leave and didn’t make sure I had some in the bag.

Expensive lesson. Never ever again.

Exception being a single course logo ball

Never. It always seems like they have them marked up slightly more than I could get them from a big box store or online.

Yes, I've bought new ball from the pro shop(s). I'd rather not but there are times when I don't have new balls in the bag. I know I'm paying up, but, honestly, I don't care. I love golf, and the older I get I don't play, or pay, on a budget. I'd rather not pay up for something I can get for less money elsewhere, but when I need something, and it's available, I'll pay for it.

Never from my local pro shop.

Almost always I generally only by a sleeve or two at a time. The course is the only place around me to buy a sleeve.

Never for play. I have purchased logo balls for my kids display in the past, but now he can buy his own!

I can't remember ever buying balls from the pro shop. Anytime I have less than 3 sleeves in my bag I go buy a box to keep in the back end of the car with my clubs.

We sell a TON of balls from our pro shop. Part of it is we charge the same prices as the Big Box stores in the area. The other reason is the caliber of golfer we have. They know anything less than 36 balls in the bag and they’ll never finish the round. We sell double dozens of Noodles like we’re giving them away.

Almost never. The only time I'll do it is if there's a ball I want to try and can buy them by the sleeve at the pro shop rather than having to spring for a full dozen online.

I generally wait for the B3G1 sales online and stock up then, it keeps costs down a little bit.

Almost never.

I think the only time I have is when I wanted a sleeve of Snell, and I couldn't find them anywhere else.

This is how I discovered last year how much I liked the Chrome Soft Triple Track last year. My local course sold individual sleeves and I decided to buy a sleeve. I’m glad I did buy them but probably wouldn’t have if I had to take a gamble on a whole box.

Back