Golf contest for a family reunion

jwkde

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a family reunion coming up this summer and trying to put together some golf. Looks like we will have 6 golfers. 2 decent, 2 medicore, 1 needs some work and 1 new golfer. We hope to play 2 rounds and I was thinking of making two teams of three. Any suggestions on what kind so contest we can play that will sort of balance the playing abilities and keep everyone into the round? I have had one suggestion of total team putts (after reaching the green) or a modified team callaway scoring.

Not looking to do a scramble because most of want to play all our shots.

Thanks

Do a better ball match where you have to use six scores from everyone.

Talk to Hawk about the Hawk's Balls format

Hawk's Balls is the answer you seek my friend.

Here's the quote from another thread. We played this with three man goups and it worked out well. We called it what we did because the special balls happened to have my name on them.

Pink Ball, Yellow Ball, Etc

In teams of three or four, each player plays their own ball and one plays the pink ball. The pink ball score plus the best of the other three counted for each hole. The lowest aggregate score and the lowest pink score take the money. Mind you if you lose the pink ball, you're out!

My thought is that we could give each team a sleeve of balls (I'll provide them, but they won't be pink). If the first ball gets lost, the team can grab another one at a penalty of one stroke on the hole the new one is used. Lose three and you're done.

Lowest score on the hole + the special ball's score is added and totaled up. Everybody pitches in a $5 and the winners get a little gas money.

Bingo Bango Bongo. Good game for people with different skill levels.

Thanks all

Play snake. Once you get on the green whichever team 3 putts gets the snake. Whichever team has the snake at the end of play pays the other team!! My foursome does this amongst ourselves for a couple of bucks. I lost 6 last Sunday!!!

Back