Golf Digest Hot List

It reminds me of the JD Power spoofs by Mahk.

I know that the Golf Digest 2021 Hot list drops today. One of my club rep friends is all excited because he heard that Callaway will have a lot of clubs in there. I personally don’t understand the big deal and the purpose of this list. Every year when I look at it every single new release from all the major manufacturers get gold with an occasional silver and then you see the oddball smaller manufacturer in the list.

To me, it’s just been a summary every year one new clubs the manufacturers have released and nothing more. I know I see some advertising that make a big deal about getting gold in the hot list. When I see those advertisements it actually kind of turns me off because it’s a meaningless recognition.

I don’t even need to look at the list to know What clubs will be on the list this year.

My point is that the golf digest hotlist feels like the every kid gets a trophy list. I would really like them to go out on a limb and offer one gold, one silver at one bronze and maybe an honorable mention in each of the categories and that is it. Now that would be special.

You summed it up perfectly, it's a participation trophy for everyone. I skip over it completely and really makes me question my subscription, it's the same ole ole and has been for years!

Back