Golf Gear Without Visiting or Playing?

Simple answer is, NEVER! Only exception is if someone bought it for you without asking, and then, only if they are there.

I have been given hats from courses I haven't played and If I need a hat and the Color is right its a go!

I think it would be bad juju and would not end up playing there if I wore something not having played there

I don't wear it if I haven't been there. Just feels strange to me.

While I prefer to only where a course logo if I've played there, its not a hard and fast rule. For example, I have a shirt from St. Andrews and a sweater from Ballybunion, neither of which I have played.

If someone gave me a shirt from Pebble Beach, Pinehurst etc… as a gift I’d wear it. If anyone asks , I’d tell them it was a gift.🙄… duh… who cares?

I've gotten shirts in a mystery pack that were course specific. I really thought about ordering a Peter Millar Hideaway shirt on ebay. It's not that I'm trying to pretend I've been there, but I would love to see it some time.

I wouldn’t buy the merch if haven’t played there, but if it’s gifted to me (secret Santa for example) then I will definitely wear it
My take exactly. If you're there and get me a gift, I'll wear it happily, but I won't buy myself a shirt with a logo of a course I haven't played. Unless it's a ridiculous deal I stumble across on the bay. I have a Peter Millar shirt from Montecito Club I snagged for $30.

I have been given hats from courses I haven't played and If I need a hat and the Color is right its a go!
This is where I am at. It’s nice when someone likes a course enough that they grab an extra hat because it looks good.

Back