Golf Genius replacing scorecards

Louis_Posture

Reaction score
For scorekeeping its monthly tournaments and weekly skins games my regular course has adopted Golf Genius. If you've never used Golf Genius scoring it's a phone app a player within each foursome uses to post scores, so live scoring is available for the entire field to view. I expect lots of golf tournament hosting organizations and golf courses are now using Golf Genius (or some other brand of electronic live scoring). I like it! Have you used it ?

We use golf genius in concert with actual scorecards for the tournaments I help run. We still have you fill out your scorecard and then turn it in at the end of the round and input everyone's scores. We know it's not the most efficient but it works for us

For scorekeeping its monthly tournaments and weekly skins games my regular course has adopted Golf Genius. If you've never used Golf Genius scoring it's a phone app a player within each foursome uses to post scores, so live scoring is available for the entire field to view. I expect lots of golf tournament hosting organizations and golf courses are now using Golf Genius (or some other brand of electronic live scoring). I like it! Have you used it ?

Does it auto report for handicap purposes too?
What about score attestation?
I've heard of it a while back but not seen it in action anywhere but then I've only golfed at two courses this year so far.

Does it auto report for handicap purposes too?
What about score attestation?
I've heard of it a while back but not seen it in action anywhere but then I've only golfed at two courses this year so far.
Yes, automatic score posting (for handicap) as well as attesting scores is available. Golf Genius offers lots of functions and features so it is up to the golf courses and, or players to choose what they want to use. On course the electronic scorekeeping is much faster and cleaner than using a pencil to write numbers.

First time using for this season, I was running the GG scoring while the scorecard (formal score) was on the guy with the cart. I ended up having to be penalized a stroke as the app I scored and the card had me 1 shot more for a hole as he didnt hear my score and put it down 😡

Golf Genius works great. Used it the last few years volunteering at HS State Championships. Station a scorer after the 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th and 18th and the kids report/confirm scores on prior 3 holes for another kid in their group as they leave those greens. Scores are available to everyone as soon as we upload them to GG. Not 100% live but updated frequently enough that fans, coaches, family etc... can follow along (even if they didn't travel in for tournament). App also a great tool for traveling fans to find 'their golfer' on the course as it tells them when and where they are.

Question ? What if you don’t want to be anywhere near mobile phone as in carry yours / leave it on etc
What then?

Only one player need enter scores for a twosome, threesome, or foursome.
Good. If I am not on call at work, the phone never even comes out of the bag unless its a ring from a family member. Cell phones are indispensable and the devils spawn at the same time.......

Good. If I am not on call at work, the phone never even comes out of the bag unless its a ring from a family member. Cell phones are indispensable and the devils spawn at the same time.......
Agree with your being on call , l am now lol … still like the period of just quiet ,
And play ….and no ring tone on the backswing lol

Agree with your being on call , l am now lol … still like the period of just quiet ,
And play ….and no ring tone on the backswing lol
I have a setting where a selected number is the only one that rings through. The rest go to voicemail. Wife knows I am golfing, if she calls it is very important.
Now back to this app, I assume it has a monthly fee?

Been using it for a few years now in scrambles and leagues.

Looking through it I am intrigued. But the league I think it would be good for plays each pairing as match play and also a net stroke play against the entire field. Doesn't look possible on the app if I am seeing things correctly?

We use it for our member tournaments. One person in the group does it and we still do paper cards to confirm. It's good for sorting out net scores and the different formats that go on. They also put it up on the clubhouse TV so you can watch the scores as groups finish up

We use it for our member tournaments. One person in the group does it and we still do paper cards to confirm. It's good for sorting out net scores and the different formats that go on. They also put it up on the clubhouse TV so you can watch the scores as groups finish up
Also what my course does just the same.

Very nice to be able to see a live leaderboard and have a clue of what you need to do coming in.

After a few holes the player recognizes that his phone is just serving as a scoring device. For example the website screen revealing the foursome names is always present, the font is large including boxes larger than what a paper scorecard provides, it takes 2 seconds to mark all 4 players scores, no changing pages or scrolling is needed etc...

Looking through it I am intrigued. But the league I think it would be good for plays each pairing as match play and also a net stroke play against the entire field. Doesn't look possible on the app if I am seeing things correctly?
Yes, Golf Genius can maintain individual matches and net stroke play against the entire field simultaneously.
Although I question if your League actually adopts match play Rules for individual matches because concessions common in match play would prohibit accurate 18-hole medal play scoring. Maybe your individual matches are actually medal play?

My club has given me access as a tournament manager for GG. I love it. The guys in our games think it's great. It has taken away all manual errors and makes it so easy to calculate payouts and skins. It has helped us so much. Much easier to do scoring afterwards while having a drink. And, if you use the mobile scoring entry, you can monitor how you or your team are doing mid-round.

Mass golf uses it for their member day tourneys and the WAGC uses it for all their tourneys also.
It's pretty cool to see the live scoring.

Back