TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5

Not sure if y’all saw this!

I’m not going to lie…it’s happened to me.

Wonder what amazing shot he had between 16-18 that made him want to come back for the next round. Stupid wonderful game

He should have taken an unplayable penalty under stroke and distance, retaking the putt. His second to last putt was pretty much the same as the first and he would have saved 2 strokes!

That is brutal! Golf certainly can be a very cruel sport.

wow, that is brutal. that's a heck of a roll off the green.

Cruel game at times lol he barely touched it

I’m not going to lie…it’s happened to me.
As I watched that I was having flashbacks to the first green at Cascata, where I did almost the exact same thing with my first putt. 😬

Sadly, it has happened to me. Multiple times. On the same hole. In the same round. On the way to a snowman lol.

I don't know if there is a more deflating thing that can happen to you on the course. In a good position, and then just an absolute dumpster fire.

What score did you end up with on the hole?
Triple 7,
I feel for him but also I take some enjoyment from seeing it happen to players that are good.
It's called Schadenfreude!

Not going to lie it's happened to me!

Yep, been there and got the tshirt!

Last edited:
Lol, reminds me of the 5th green at my home club. I’ve had to go get my sand wedge several times after having a downhill birdie putt on that green. Putting off of a green happens to multiple players each Wednesday at my club when they roll the greens and put the pins in tough spots for men’s day league play. Last Tuesday and Wednesday they rolled the greens and I had both of my wedge shots spin off the 3rd green. My ball marks were less than 10 feet rom the hole(one was past it) and both shots finished 50+ feet away off the front of the green.

Similar issue happened to me last Friday. And then I remind myself that I choose to play this game 😂

My buddy had a side hill 8 footer for birdie last year. It went past the hole and rolled 30ft down off the green.

He chipped it into the hole for par!

...we still chuckle about it~

He plays golf just like the rest of us. Until you see his score card before that hole...:oops: Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Triple.:eek:

Yeah. He plays golf just like the rest of us.:rolleyes::)

He plays golf just like the rest of us. Until you see his score card before that hole...:oops: Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Par. Triple.:eek:

Yeah. He plays golf just like the rest of us.:rolleyes::)
Well, I do hit triples, so I'm sorta the same.

He didn't pound that first putt at all. Wow

would hate a course like that, I'd shoot a million 😬🤣

When you play at one course for a while and then go somewhere new, with really fast greens, it can happen.....

Sadly, it has happened to me. Multiple times. On the same hole. In the same round. On the way to a snowman lol.

I don't know if there is a more deflating thing that can happen to you on the course. In a good position, and then just an absolute dumpster fire.
Ever worse than a triple?

Lol, reminds me of the 5th green at my home club. I’ve had to go get my sand wedge several times after having a downhill birdie putt on that green. Putting off of a green happens to multiple players each Wednesday at my club when they roll the greens and put the pins in tough spots for men’s day league play. Last Tuesday and Wednesday they rolled the greens and I had both of my wedge shots spin off the 3rd green. My ball marks were less than 10 feet rom the hole(one was past it) and both shots finished 50+ feet away off the front of the green.
Ever get worse than a triple after doing it?

Similar issue happened to me last Friday. And then I remind myself that I choose to play this game 😂
Haha yes! What’d you end up with?

I think things like that are a little excessive and penal. To me that is where they've gone a little overboard with green speed and shaving the banks too much. There should never be a way that an 8ft putt even has the chance to become a 50yard chip.

Back