BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
As school nears its beginning here in the great white north, so does the wonderful beacon of hope in the dark night of school that I like to call Varsity Golf season. My first practice is on Tuesday. I am pumped. Just for reference, I will not be posting the location/dates of my matches, what school I play for, or who I am playing beforehand, due to my own personal...convictions I guess. Sorry guys, just my MO.
Now back to the golf. This will be my 3rd year of varsity golf. We lost 4 seniors last year and now it is down to myself and a good friend of mine for the number one spot. We have tryouts Wed & Thurs. so I will keep you all posted on what I shoot and where I end up.

Thanks Guys,
BulldogsGolf:blob:

Last edited:
Had my first match today. After two days of tryouts, I made the #2 spot on the team, only missing the 1 by 2 strokes to a good friend of mine. Today, I played a long, wet course. Here is how I faired. (FYI, a qualification round for sectionals is +8 or better.).

1 - Drive to a FW bunker, 6i to 10 feet. 2 putts. E
2 - Par 3, 178. 5 iron just off back left, chip to a foot. Par E
3. Par 5. Drive into open treey area, difficulties getting out, plus fat wedge shot. +3
4. Par 4, just short (5 feet) in two, bladed a chip, 3 putt. +5
5. Long Par 4, Driver 5 iron to 20 feet, 2 putt. +5
6. Par 5. Straight drive, topped then hooked hybrid, fat wedge, bogey +6
7. Par 3, 180. 5 iron just short, chip to a foot, par +6
8. Par 4, hit driver to 30 yards, make bogey due to poor chip. +7
9. Par 4, FIR, GIR, 3 putt. +8.

So I made a qualifier, but was NOT pleased with overall play. More matches upcoming, and I will update this thread. Thanks.

Ouch... looks like you had some rough holes there. Namely #3 and #9 (considering the GIR and FIR)

Had another match yesterday. Par 37, shot 43. Wasn't super happy, but like I said, it was a qualification round....2 of 5 down! Another chance soon

1 - Par 5, dogleg left. Driver hybrid to 100 yards, then just a super mess up. Made a nice putt to save bogey +1
2 - Par 4 slight dogleg right. Driver to the middle, hook a 6 iron to left side of green in the fringe. Chip and 2 putt +2
3 - NARROW par 4. 4 iron off the tee, 8 iron to middle, 3 putt :angry: +3
4 - NARRROW par 4. 4 iron off tee, 7 iron 160 to front pin, lipped out my birdie putt. +3
5 - Par 3, 8 iron to front, 2 putts +3
6 - Par 4 severe dogleg right. Baffler to the far rough, fatted a 5 iron (it was in DEEEEEP rough) pitched just off the green, almost chipped in, 1 putt. +4
7 - Par 5. Drive to right rough, PW short of a pond, PW to left of green. Thinned an easy chip, 2 putts +5
8 - Par 3, 163 uphill. Hit 5 iron into a gardened area in the middle of the cart path (don't ask), free relief, lipped a 5' putt to get up and down. +6
9 - Par 5. Drive to fescuey stuff on the right, 7 iron to 116 yards out. PW to 10 feet, lip the putt AGAIN :angry: +6

I had opportunities, just couldn't convert. Will update you after my next match THP!

BulldogsGolf

Had another match yesterday. Played better, but aerated greens caused my putting to be allllllll kinds of messed up.

1 - Par 4, dogleg left. Cut the dogleg and ball landed 5yds off the green. Chip and a missed 10'. E
2 - Par 4, pulled my drive into the left rough, but still had just a 9 iron left. Aeration holes directly in front of my ball on each putt. 3 putt bogey. +1
3 - Par 4, Cut the corner but didn't carry enough. Left 100 yards in high rough. SW was just short. Putted it, but should have chipped. Bogey +2
4 - Par 3, Still working this one out in therapy. +4
5 - Par 4, With swollen creek just in front, front pin. Hit Baffler off the tee to 100 yards, then a SW to the front. Left the birdie on the lip. +4
6 - Par 4, long, Driver to 170, drew a 5 iron to 15' . 2 putt par +4
7 - Par 3, 161. Hit 6 iron to a front pin, ended up 1' short of the green. Almost putted in from there. Par +4
8 - Par 4, Hit drive to 83 yards, SW to left of the pin. Aerated green 3 putt. +5
9 - Par 5. Hit driver 270ish to just short of the swollen creek. Baffler to 121 yards out. Pulled it, and ended up in a 10 yard space between a creek and the green. Sitting down, I banged it out to 10'. Uphill, right to lefter, I put in in the center of the cup. Par. +5.

Without all the 3 putts I could have shot 37. It was a tri-match, and out of 18 kids there I had the 2nd lowest score (would've been first if I had not 3 putted again...) of 40.

More matches left in the season, will update!

BDG

Good stuff Bulldog. Lucky you to have golf season in the fall! Here in NJ, we have to wait until spring! I'll be competing for the #1 spot as well, but the guy I'm competing with is a returner, so I'm gonna have to play well and average +1 or +2 on 9 holes! Anyways, this is your thread, so good luck buddy!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Had a much better match today. Par here was 37.

1 - Par 5. Don't want to talk about it.....+2
2 - Par 3, down hill playing about 120 today. PW to 15'. Made birdie +1
3 - Par 4. Drive over a pond to 60 yards. 56* to 15'. Par +1
4 - Par 4, Drive down the middle, toed a wedge and then chipped on. 2 putt bogey +2
5 - Par 4. Fatted a 4 iron off the tee, left me 160 out. I hit a 6 iron to an uphill, back pin location. 3'. Birdie +1
6 - Par 5. Driver, Hybrid, fatted a wedge. chipped up and lipped the putt. +2
7 - Par 4, GIR. Two putt par. +2
8 - Par 3. Almost putted in from off the green. Par +2
9 - Par 5. FIR, GIR, lipped an 8' birdie putt. +2

Good round!

Back