merlebo02

Reaction score
Handicap
Im sick of my shorts not fitting! Im looking for something that FEELS loose/stretchable but has a fitted look.. Wanting something dressy maybe slightly casual.. Im what you would consider a husky build.. I have thick thighs and a big butt.. Shorts that feel good look really baggy. Shorts that have a good look feel to restrictive. Prefer longer inseam but a shorter length (above my knees).. For you bigger guys, what's your go to shorts? I wear a size 40 in the waste...

Haggar cool 18 and Ben Hogan are solid.

I'm a size 44 and big legs as well.

Haggar cool 18 and Ben Hogan are solid.

I'm a size 44 and big legs as well.
Agree with and own both of these. Solid choices.

These shorts on Amazon:

I tend to gravitate towards the athleisure brands these days for my golf gear as the stuff is generally a better fit and a better quality than the traditional golf brands. I’m only a 36 inch waist, but I do a regular leg day so mine are probably a little bigger than average (not like the rock). Bylt Basics are my go to brand. I’ve just picked up a pair of their shorts, fitted, above the knee by an inch maybe an inch and a half, nice and stretchy and super comfortable. I love em.

I really like Linksoul's shorts. But their prices are eye popping.

I got some at a deep end-of-year sale at their brick and mortar store here in San Diego, and they're so nice that I'm going to pay full freight for more. Just got to make it down to goal weight first.

Also, with your proportions, it'd probably worth seeing a tailor to make any pair of golf shorts fit perfect. Shouldn't cost more than like $10 per pair.

LS6170_CLAY_5000x.jpg

I really like Linksoul's shorts. But their prices are eye popping.

I got some at a deep end-of-year sale at their brick and mortar store here in San Diego, and they're so nice that I'm going to pay full freight for more. Just got to make it down to goal weight first.

Also, with your proportions, it'd probably worth seeing a tailor to make any pair of golf shorts fit perfect. Shouldn't cost more than like $10 per pair.

LS6170_CLAY_5000x.jpg
I love my linksoul pants but I didn’t like their shorts.. legs way to long and to baggy for my liking..

Im sick of my shorts not fitting! Im looking for something that FEELS loose/stretchable but has a fitted look.. Wanting something dressy maybe slightly casual.. Im what you would consider a husky build.. I have thick thighs and a big butt.. Shorts that feel good look really baggy. Shorts that have a good look feel to restrictive. Prefer longer inseam but a shorter length (above my knees).. For you bigger guys, what's your go to shorts? I wear a size 40 in the waste...
I understand you! I am desperate to find good shorts for myself, and indeed any jeans or trousers, as if people with a big butt do not exist.

Check out 32 Degrees. Their stuff is super soft, stretchy, and good prices.

I'm a 42 waist. Adidas fits me the best and strike a nice balance between dressy and casual.

I just got these from TJ Maxx for about $18 and they’re nice. Old Navy Slim Fit Tech are a little long, but comfy.

66FD64F8-931E-482C-84AC-A08A3B8FAB1B.jpeg

I"m only a 34 in. waist, but, I just bought a couple pair of Adidas Ultimate365 golf shorts on sale at my LGS. They're a somewhat stretchy, breathable performance fabric. Very light. Very comfortable. They aren't snug, but, neither do they hang like a tent.

I would have to say that, after Under Armour, Adidas is probably my favorite sportswear company.

Lululemon is definitely my pick if you want something that will fit well and last. Most of my gym clothes, casual pants, and shorts are from there. Most of it is well over 7 years old and looks brand new. I just started throwing away socks from them that were over 5 years old and finally got holes in them.

Another pick but I have not tried yet might work for you is Born Primitive. They came out with a "Country Club" collection that should fit your leg description. As another member of the thick thigh and big butt club, I feel your struggle with finding something that fits properly.

Lululemon Commission Classic Fit 7" do the trick for me (36 waist)

Ben Hogan line at WalMart
If the Ben Hogan shorts are as good as the Ben Hogan brand shirt I bought recently they should be really nice. I need to replace some golf shorts will look into these for sure

If the Ben Hogan shorts are as good as the Ben Hogan brand shirt I bought recently they should be really nice. I need to replace some golf shorts will look into these for sure
I have a few pair of the Hogan shorts. They run a bit short for my long legs, but that goes for just about all shorts. They're good quality shorts though, and the fit is good. FWIW, the Ben Hogan apparel line is owned by Perry Ellis.

I enjoy the IZOD cargo shorts with the two "hidden" pockets on them. Comfortable, cool and they allow me to carry miscellaneous items (ball mark tool, long tees, short tees, chapsitck, etc.) without all being jumbled into one or two pockets.

Sounds like you’re ending up with 9” & 10” inseams that are longer than you would like. I would try some shorts with 7” & 8” inseams.

I"m only a 34 in. waist, but, I just bought a couple pair of Adidas Ultimate365 golf shorts on sale at my LGS. They're a somewhat stretchy, breathable performance fabric. Very light. Very comfortable. They aren't snug, but, neither do they hang like a tent.

I would have to say that, after Under Armour, Adidas is probably my favorite sportswear company.
I was going to mention both of those lines. The Adidas ultimates are my favorites, I am not sure what model my favorite UA are, but the offer a good fit as well. 5-11 with very thick thighs, 38 waist.

Back