Golfers Anonymous

Just Decent
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Seen a few threads asking about these but wanted to start a thread so others can track their progress and give reviews in one location. Picked one up today to start over the winter to increase flexibility and all around get in better shape.

My wife ordered one of these for me, so I’m ready to jump in over the winter with you!
Cannot wait! :love:
On the assessments make sure to mark down what you can confidently do not what you think you can fight through. Did the first one this morning and it does a great job of loosening up the body but once you get to the exercises it was a pretty rigorous test already and they just ramp up, I feel good now but had a what the f**k did I get myself into thought towards the end 😅.

They have these at the golf club I play the most. I tried it out when I was there super early. Some good graphics on what to do. Felt some good stretch

They have these at the golf club I play the most. I tried it out when I was there super early. Some good graphics on what to do. Felt some good stretch
They do a great job in the app of 20 minutes of stretching before the exercises and it feels really good to get that loose and limber. Look forward to seeing where I’ll be in a week, month and so on.

Day two is in the books and was a lot less strenuous than yesterday. Some quick fire exercises. A great way to use this if you’re struggling with the directions is to pair to the TV in order to see the exercises much better. The instructors do a great job of showing hand positions during the workout. Only odd part which I’ve never used a trainer before and have always been more self motivated by self deprecation is the corny pump up and build up lines they give you 🤷‍♂️

Don’t really have a good place at home for anchoring the trainer, or I’d be all over this program. Fortunately my gym has a TRX Rip Trainer (that no one else uses) that is very similar to the GolfForever version, so I can do a lot of the stuff there. Probably need to do a deeper YouTube dive to put a little more structure in my workouts though…good stuff.

Don’t really have a good place at home for anchoring the trainer, or I’d be all over this program. Fortunately my gym has a TRX Rip Trainer (that no one else uses) that is very similar to the GolfForever version, so I can do a lot of the stuff there. Probably need to do a deeper YouTube dive to put a little more structure in my workouts though…good stuff.
The unit comes with a attachment that allows you to pinch it between the door and doorframe that’s quite sturdy.

Wish I had the spare cash for something like this, unfinished basement means I can find an anchor spot fairly easily

The unit comes with an attachment that allows you to pinch it between the door and doorframe that’s quite sturdy.
I’m aware of the door attachment, but none of my doors are convenient to a workout space…it’s just the way my house is laid out.

How is just the app with the workouts that don’t require the equipment?

Great timing. I got an Amazon gift card and this is a ponder for me. $25/month seems like a lot for the app.

But I could use something like this. I need a program and goals for each day. Flexibility and core strength seems to be the focus which I like. Looks a lot more fun that lifting.

Great timing. I got an Amazon gift card and this is a ponder for me. $25/month seems like a lot for the app.

But I could use something like this. I need a program and goals for each day. Flexibility and core strength seems to be the focus which I like. Looks a lot more fun that lifting.
That’s where I am at. Will the app provide enough to keep me honest, and I know I can do a whole lot without the equipment that would be beneficial

That’s where I am at. Will the app provide enough to keep me honest, and I know I can do a whole lot without the equipment that would be beneficial
I was thinking of using the 30 days free and keeping notes on the program. Then subscribing for the next month to see what changes.

I was thinking of using the 30 days free and keeping notes on the program. Then subscribing for the next month to see what changes.
Sounds like a good plan

I look at it as a personal trainer that helps my golf game. With that it made it easier to decide.

Come on @Scooby45 Team Jen gonna get ripped :ROFLMAO:
Pump You Up Saturday Night Live GIF

It's the 25 a month that is stopping me from getting one.
I have been watching one on the Bay

They dropped the sale today which stinks since the unit and app was 300$ for the entire year all in.

They dropped the sale today which stinks since the unit and app was 300$ for the entire year all in.
Now I'm considering this deal. $8/month is very reasonable.

Now I'm considering this deal. $8/month is very reasonable.
I think it’s over with now since it ran through the holidays.

Back