Cbdboz

Reaction score
Handicap
20-24
Hi,

I have been upping my practice at the range in recent weeks, and seem to have picked up a minor injury ( or irritation) and just wondered if this indeed related to the practice...and if I need to be weary on any longer term impact etc.

bare with me as I try and describe this....:confused2:

I am right handed, and on my left arm about 1 inch down from my elbow and about an inch in from the bone in the underside of my forearm ( hope this makes sense) I am getting a pain sensation every now and then..but it is not painful to touch...only way I can describe it, is that it feels like there is glue on my skin and the skin gets stretched or hair is being pulled etc.

i checked golfers elbow..but this seems more of a joint issue, and the only thing that sounds vaguely like it is a related injury whereby the sheath of skin that the tendon runs through is inflamed. One other thing I have notice is the vain on this arm appearing to be more pronounced.

welcome any advice...preferably that allows me to continue training

The best advise I can give is go see a doctor if the pain continue. I know we all try to treat ourselves through the internet but these things are best left to the doc. Most of the time we just waste out time and the pain continues. I know this is not the answer you want to hear but after 62 years of living, I have found that this is the best advise I can give. Hope you get better.

Take a few days off and take some Alleve or any other anti-inflammatory. If it persists, definitely take tander's advice and go see a doctor. No sense making it worse or trying to treat yourself.

I'm going to agree with DevRickus on this one! If you did something significant to the joint there's a good chance you would know exactly when it happened. I think if you take a few days off and reevaluate it, I'm going to guess the pain gets better if not goes away. Best of luck, hope it heals quickly.

I had a very similar thing happen a while back. It was almost a burning, pulling feeling just below my left elbow. The doctor told me it was the muscle becoming inflamed from use and pinching the tendon. I ended up getting a cortisone shot and any time it flares up an anti-inflammatory seems to do the trick. Hope you're felling better soon!

Back