I did find out he is not a fan of un-tucked shirts :ROFLMAO: I was feeling a little relaxed mode and will remember this for the next lesson. He actually brought back an initial swing process from the beginning. For me...wow, what a difference in a short time. It's good to see these comparisons from time to time as it really feels like a slow process. Keeps me motivated that there is some improvement.

We started to focus on the right elbow firing down towards the knee/ball and quit closing my right shoulder. This helps me keep from taking the club towards my head. Not closing my shoulder also actually takes pressure off my neck, which is good.

View attachment swing_analysis2_desktop.mp4
Will finish the lesson as I have time today during travel or later tonight.

He is wanting me to speed up a touch and not be so deliberate in the backswing and thus allowing me to get back to the ball quicker. Not excessive, just ramp it up a touch.

Still having issues with the elbow wanting to release away from me and my right shoulder not extending is helping that continue.

View attachment 1000000016.mp4
Will be working on both those in the next phase of this lesson.

Give in to it and do what is wrong! WHAAAT?
He shows me what is causing some of my open face flyaway. Taking the club with just one hand and doing what I used to do and see what happens with the head and butt of the club. It's these types of things that click much easier for me than just explaining why I should do certain things.

View attachment 1000000014.mp4
Now knowing what can cause the old to come back, I can set a trigger or do it wrong and feel the difference. That trigger is next for both the wrist and the elbow for me. I'm hestitant with this as I will be able to get back to hitting down more. I think it will be okay as some of these changes seems to take a little pressure off my neck. Will see how it goes.

Having the elbow be a part of my initiation of the downswing, combined with learning the correct wrist set angle. I've been so used to manipulating the club head to get it back, or not, to square...so he tells me;). I can really see it when I started and didn't even know I was doing it. Now I kinda understand it better. He is still wanting me to make my backswing much shorter!
View attachment 1000000015.mp4
The sequencing of all this is going to be crazy for me once I get to a repeatable motion. We haven't even discussed any of that, but I think I'll be able to figure it out once I get to that stage.

This brings me back to my "after" swing video. This is as far back as he wants me to take it, maybe a little shorter! In order to do this I think I need to think of it as a partial shot, similar to my wedges. Same, but different as this is more of a full swing aspect. The shorter the backswing the shorter my follow through is and he is okay with that. This will be very hard for me as a full swing concept. Seems so sawed off, but I think it will help with the focus points he is trying to drive home with me. There were some videos of me doing the really short swings, but didn't get uploaded to the lesson.

View attachment 1000000019.mp4

Currently travelling and have a bit of that going on this month, but will get into some practice modes as often as I can. Will do both in-home and at GT to utilize the camera system. The system alone is crazy informative for me to see what I'm doing and not simply think I'm doing.

Last edited:
Ok was able to get in a quick range session this morning. Hand path on back swing is getting easier. I have to feel
like I take club so far inside to overcome taking hand path out away from my body at take away. If I keep hands in close to right leg and hip it makes swing so much better. Also using a thought that I got from Porzak golf. He once said to imagine hands going back and forward thru the same path thru a bubble. All in all the couple lessons so far have paid off in good gains.

Heading home from vacation tomorrow. Might get another lesson in next week depending on work schedule. Can’t wait to get back on the cameras.

Really enjoying the drills that my instructor gave me. The head against the doorway drill has connected for me and how I am swaying during my backswing. Looking forward to how the drills will go into my next lesson. I gave myself 2 weeks between so I still have until the 16th for my next lesson.

Played league Wednesday and was having a bit of trouble with pulling my irons. It’s something my instructor and I worked on in my first lesson in early January, so last night I reviewed that lesson on the Golftec app, went down today and worked on the drills my coach recommended and the pulls seem to be gone now. Love this aspect of Golftec that I don’t have to try to remember what we worked on as I have it there to go back and refer to. It’s important because I know as I work on different things occasionally some earlier bad habits tend to creep back in.

So after not playing for nearly 2 weeks and only doing range sessions I played a round yesterday. Swing is coming along nicely there is still work to be done to make it natural.

Really good lesson today. Most of what we worked on a couple weeks ago. Still need to drill those because they aren't fully drilled into my swing thoughts. But largely had stuck.

Today we worked on P4 and my shoulder position and my right elbow. This one will need a lot of drilling. Just going to be a take a while for it to get comfortable. He had me pick up the ball retriever and swing it like a baseball bat which actually did a pretty good job of showing me how I need to move my elbow in the downswing versus how I chicken wing it. I also need to just work on getting as much flexibility as possible in my shoulders.

But all in all a fun lesson with lots of stuff to work on.

View attachment swing_analysis_desktop.mp4
View attachment swing_analysis_desktop (4).mp4

Edit: Here is the baseball swing example

View attachment swing_analysis_desktop (3).mp4

Last edited:
Travel and life has kept me from scheduling my next lesson. With that I’m still spending lots of time at the range. Most work has been with mid irons and wedges. Still trying to ingrain that in to out motion with body rotation and eliminating slide. Yesterday I work some with driver and same motion. Swings that felt like 1/2 to 3/4 were rolling out to the net on our range that is 250ish out. Mens league 1st tee with slight wind at my back and get 300 carry plus roll. Definitely on to something. My only b*tch is why did I wait so long for lessons.

Travel next week for work then I’ll finally be able to schedule another lesson. Looking forward to getting back on the cameras to see how much progress I’ve made. Changes seem to be working really well on range. Still struggle taking new swing to course. The good shots are really good however. There is a light at that tunnel. Up until now with all the self help and YouTube that light was a train that would derail my swing a short time after I thought I had made progress. Now I at least know what the issue is. Can I always make a proper swing no. Am I making progress that is a yes.

Back