Good Courses in Miami?

POKeefe

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm headed to Miami next week and want to get a round in on Friday afternoon. Any recommendations on nice courses for under $50? Being a weekday afternoon, I should be able to get a nice course I would think.

Where in Miami are you going to be?

Couple of recommendations - Turnberry Isle (Aventura, FL) and Plantation Preserve (Plantation, FL - my personal favorite course in the area)

Check out Normandy Shores in Miami Beach. I think you can get $50 or less after 3pm.

Going to be in West Miami (near Dolphin Mall). Plantation seems pretty reasonable during the week after 1 PM ($39). Turnberry seems like it might be out of the price range though. Normandy also looks to be out of the price range.

Have you guys ever played Shula's?

Going to be in West Miami (near Dolphin Mall). Plantation seems pretty reasonable during the week after 1 PM ($39). Turnberry seems like it might be out of the price range though. Normandy also looks to be out of the price range.

Don't know much about Shula's. Plantation preserve is a hike from West Miami but I think its worth it, during the weekday afternoon you should have the course to yourself. Immaculate conditions over there.

I would call Normandy though as they have specials including lunch & drinks for $50 or less I think. I have seasonal card that lets me play there for $30 anyday of the week.

Ok so you're staying in my 'hood as I live in the Doral area. Obviously Trump Doral is the closest to you, but those courses are way over priced. You might be able to find a hotdeal on Golfnow for the Gold and McLean course. Check that out.

Shulas is a good choice. They recently renovated tees, greens and bunkers. It's more of a municipal type course so not exactly in excellent shape, but then again you're looking for less than $50. You also have Country Club of Miami just north of Shulas. That's 36 holes and its in decent shape. I think they have an all you can play special including lunch so that'd be your best option if you're looking for 18+ holes in one day.

Rates just went up October 1st for the shoulder season so those are the only courses I can think of in the $50 price range.

Shulas is fun, glad to hear they did some work on it Ralph. Shulas also has some pretty good eats, the burgers are good.

My playing partner is down to drive up to Plantation, so I might go with h0ss's recommendation unless anyone knows of any others? Open to courses in Broward too.

Back