Got my most expensive golf accessory ever on Monday

I hope your recovery is easy and you enjoy every benefit of the replacement.

At 9:40am Monday morning the docs installed my brand new right hip. It's taken me years to find a doctor that would touch me (I'm 31) and I was really struggling to finish 9 holes towards the end of the Summer, here.

Other than my leg being the size of a watermelon and bruised unlike anything I've seen, I feel pretty good. Counting down the weeks until I can swing a club again.

Hope the next few weeks aren't too painful and you have a 2021 of excellent golf.

Appreciate all the kind words and well-wishes, folks. Pain management has been a bit of a struggle, but we're working on that. I know this was the right decision, I just have to get thru the (hard) rehab part.

Be well, folks. Thanks again.

Here's to a speedy recovery! Sounds like you're looking at it from a good spot. And as has been said, make sure you follow your PT plan!

Holy cow man! I hope your recovery is quick and painless

At 9:40am Monday morning the docs installed my brand new right hip. It's taken me years to find a doctor that would touch me (I'm 31) and I was really struggling to finish 9 holes towards the end of the Summer, here.
Other than my leg being the size of a watermelon and bruised unlike anything I've seen, I feel pretty good. Counting down the weeks until I can swing a club again.
Ain't modern science wonderful?

Hope your recovery is quick and we see you on the golf course next year!

Many thanks for all the well wishes, folks.

The hip can last anywhere from 10-20 years. Got it at 31 because I was diagnosed with inoperable prostate cancer at the age of 16 months old. I developed bone-on-bone arthritis and hip dysplasia from the radiation exposure. We're hoping the technology for hips advances in my favor because it HAD to be replaced -- it was a quality of life issue, at this point.
Congrats and best wishes for quick recovery! Is your medical history the reason you struggled finding a Dr. to do the procedure?

Good luck with the recovery!

Good luck with the recovery. I have been told I have a new hip in my future at some point but hopefully it is still a ways away.

Congrats and best wishes for quick recovery! Is your medical history the reason you struggled finding a Dr. to do the procedure?

Appreciate your well-wishes and you hit the nail on the head re: being unable to find a doc. So this is actually my 2nd replaced hip. My first was in 2011 (I was 24) and when they installed the hip, the femur shattered because of the radiation exposure it had gotten when I was a little one. It was a BRUTAL rehab and an awful Summer. The pain was unmanageable right from the start and stayed that way for about 6 months. Needless to say, I was nervous for this procedure.

Being 2020 and everyone wanting to f***ing sue everyone, my case is considered a very risky case to take on. With the history of the previous procedure going not great, I ended up doctor shopping for about 8 years years. One of my childhood friends owns a Physical Therapy clinic in the area and asked this (newer) doc to see me as a favor to him to see if there was something he could do for me or if he knew someone someone who could do something for me. He is a young and great guy who totally understood the fact that it's a quality of life thing for me at this point and it's frustrating to have the already replaced hip feel so good and this one feel so bad.

For those interested, here's a link to a local news story from October. It walks thru the relatively new approach they're using for hips these days.

/novel

Dude.... good luck and prayers for quick healing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best wishes on your recovery!
I'm currently rehabbing a full left knee replacement(2 weeks) and have the right one scheduled for December 16.

Again....best wishes !

Dude.... good luck and prayers for quick healing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much.

Best wishes on your recovery!
I'm currently rehabbing a full left knee replacement(2 weeks) and have the right one scheduled for December 16.

Again....best wishes !

It's an incredible time to be alive, right? We are blessed with the technology we have.

My best wishes right back to you on your rehab. Surgery will go great in December and I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time. If you remember, pop back in here and let me know how everything goes!

Well, we "stepped up the Physical Therapy a notch," yesterday and I paid for it last night and today. Got off the phone with the surgeon about an hour ago and he said we're going to pump the breaks on the PT again. The radiation exposure seems to be leading to extra pain in the femur shaft. Doc also said he had a tough time installing the hip so there was a lot of really hard pound with a mallet > stake into the femur.

They gave me something a bit stronger for pain which has knocked me on my ass. I've hit the point in my recovery where I'm just ready for this to be done and I have about 5 weeks to go still. :rolleyes:

Still the weirdest part of all of this has been the length they added to my right leg has my brain thinking my right leg is a foot longer than my left. That will subside but it's so so strange.

Here’s to a speedy recovery and being able to get on the course again!

Hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Hope you heal real quick and able to get back out on the links real soon, sir!!! Prayers heading your way. 🙏

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, rough week so far. I haven't slept since last Monday when I got ~3 hours of sleep. I have a four day weekend so the doc called in the extra stuff to try and get me some sleep tonight (Valium for my muscle spasms and increased my Oxycodone for the pain). Hoping to God I can get a couple of hours of sleep tonight so that I am not a huge miserable f**k like I have been the past week.

Any good vibes you're willing to send my way, I'm willing to take them, tHP.

Happy early Thanksgiving to all of you.

You and Bo Jackson!

@Dude_Abiding Hope your pain is easing and that you continue recovering. I feel this thread right now because I somehow injured (or worsened an existing problem) during a 5 round golf weekend. Played near my best and didn't have any pain during the rounds, but since I have had back and left arm pain and weakness. Finally caved and got checked out at a spine practice yesterday. I am hoping I don't need surgery, but contending with the pain has been something else. So I feel for you. Good luck and keep us posted!

Back