Graphite Iron shafts and wedges

Toddo

Reaction score
Handicap
I am changing from steel to graphite in my irons. Some have told me they don’t graphite all their wedges. Your opinions?

I like to go with the same shafts in my irons and wedges. I have no issues playing graphite in the wedges, but to be honest I can't tell much difference

I am changing from steel to graphite in my irons. Some have told me they don’t graphite all their wedges. Your opinions?

I like the graphite all the way through the set, but went 10g heavier in my 54 and 58. I like a little more weight around the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wedge play got better when I switched to graphite 3 years ago. Went to graphite in my irons at the same time and my iron play is still very mediocre like it has always been.

I got fit with recoil 110s in my irons and 125s in my wedges, loved the little extra weight for more control.

Recoil 780 ES F4 in my irons
Recoil Wedge protos in the wedges. I've noticed a decent jump in feel and performance since the switch to graphite in the wedges. Go for it!

I have Rotex graphite in my cleveland wedges and get along great with them.

I have graphite iron shafts but steel wedge shafts and I just like the feel more for chipping with the steel shafts for some reason.

Same as others, I prefer heavier wedge shafts in the same flex but all graphite

Same as others, I prefer heavier wedge shafts in the same flex but all graphite
Same here...just a preference thing

I have graphite in wedges and have not had any problems adjusting from steel or with my wedge play

I have steel wedge flex in my wedges and don't have any issues moving to those from my graphite irons. I don't use wedges beyond my set wedges for full shots.

Earlier this summer I did try a graphite wedge - it felt "off" to me, but I also only used it for one round and got some decent results with it. I'm sure I would have adjusted easily with more use.

After playing today and talking with my golf pro, the shaft project is out. He said continue hitting steel until you have trouble getting the ball airborne. So my winter probjects are to get a couple of woods a date at the club spa and finding some comfortable athletic type golf shoes.

Yes, just do it! Graphite wedge shafts are game changers for sure!

Back