Grips in your bag

I use Lamkin Crosslines on my irons but also have Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 on my Driver. Like them both.

Same midsize throughout the set but I often have different grips on my woods. Currently Sonar Tours on my irons and Crossline cords on my driver and fairway woods. My Florida set is all GP Tour Wrap Microsuede.

Yes. Looking at the Super Stroke Traxion Wrap for 2020.

Due to recent purchases, I have 3 different grips in the bag. MCC on my woods, Lamkin ZT5 on hybrids and Tour Velvet on irons and wedges. All are standard grip size.

Yes, I use the same grip on every club but my putter. I want that consistent feel across the whole bag.

Golf Pride New Decade MCC standard is the constant throughout my bag

GP tour wrap midsize, small hands
I just like the way it feels in my hands...I feel like I ha e a better connection.

Thanks again everyone for all the input. I appreciate all the responses. Have a great day.

Between my driver, irons and hybrids I have 3 different grip styles and sizes. Doesn't really bother me at all. I'm sure at some point I will regrip to be the same.

I have the same grips on all 13 clubs. Golf pride tour velvet. Going to change back to NDMC though. Super Stroke flatso 1.0 putter grip!

I try to keep it consistent but I have few different sets in play now with different grips.

Gamer set has Lamkin UTX Cobra Connect on the woods

Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 on irons thru 54° and Lamkin Z5 on 60° wedge

Tour velvet on gamers but getting tired of them.

GP MCC Align midsize on experiment set and they need to go but not sure I want to spend much on replacements when this experiment may not last long.

do people usually apply their grips themselves or have a store do it for them? If you use a store, how much does it cost?

do people usually apply their grips themselves or have a store do it for them? If you use a store, how much does it cost?
I do it myself. It’s super easy. @Space Bandito was kind enough to spend an hour with me in his shop and gave me a hands on lesson. I think Roger Dunn charges about $3 to install a grip.

I have Golf Pride MCC+4 on my TEE woods and hybrids, then Stock Lamkins on my Iron Woods and all Hogans.

I have GP TV Align on all of mine. Not really convinced on the align part though, don't really feel it too much.

Typically the answer is yes. Occasionally I will pick up something new(to me anyway) to toy with and won't bother changing the grip right away.

Same Tour Velvet 360's on all clubs, though my wedge has a burgandy version on it and my driving iron has they grey version (both TM labeled).

I actually prefer Z-Grip Cords, but I went with tour velvets for the winter since I'll be on the range and hitting more. My dry hands are still calloused and cracked with the softer tour velvets so it was probably a good choice. I think I'll switch back in March or April.

I typically have had the same grip throughout the bag (most recently the CP2) but just bought some new irons and now have a decision to make. I kinda want some super bright lamkins.

I do always have jumbo grips on my wedges, and only the wedges. The rest are the same size (Standard)

I am curious if the THP community uses the same grips (brand, size, model) through out your bag excluding the putter. Woods, hybrid, irons, wedges do you keep the bag consistent with the same grips?
I use the same grips,different colors. Golf pride new decade multi compound. Orange in my irons, blue in my woods and wedges. Love the grips, except the adjustable clubs, especially the driver. If I change the setting, it is no longer "aligned".
Does anyone recommend a grip comparable to the multi compound that does not have a shape or alignment marks that can be installed or rotated in any direction and not noticed?

I am playing all the same 13 Superstroke Cross Comfort grips and a Superstroke Traxion pistol gt tour. #playall14

Yes, I might change grip color for wedges versus irons or woods (depending on shaft color), but grip is same.

Have a mixed bag of grips in the bag at the moment. By the start of golfing season here in Chicago all the grips will be Winn Dry Tac wraps (standard), +2 wraps on the right hand.

Back