Grips thickness....regular , mid, large ? Or some other

Other than my SW and LW, I converted everything to the MCC+4 Regular grips several years ago. Converted to tame my right hand a little to cut down on hooks. The change has helped with that. I dabbled (very briefly) with the Mid Sized MCC+4 but they were too thick for me (M/L glove size). I'm considering maybe going +4s on my SW, LW next refresh too. Kept them thin for more feel but maybe having same thickness in those clubs will improve consistency there?

Lamkin UTx cord midsize on all clubs.

Mid and a regular feels terrible! It's weird trying clubs and they have the small grips.. grrr
It's a funny old thing, but regular grips on demo clubs don't seem to bother me. It probably does affect the way I swing the club--that only stands to reason, but it's not something I find consciously distracting. One would think, with me regularly swinging midsize and jumbo grips, it would, but it doesn't.

Regular for me

MCC +4 on wedges, irons and mini-driver. Driver has a standard grip with 3 wraps under the lower hand.

FW and hybrids have their stock standard grips but they definitely feel in the 2 or 3 wraps under lower hand thickness too. Odd for stock grips but that's how they feel to me.

I came to the +4's slowly, putting an extra wrap under the lower hand, then 2, then 3. Where the +4's once upon a time felt too thick to me, now I'm considering midsized. When the stock grips in the other clubs need replacing, they'll get the same grips that I'm playing at that time.

Standard for me. Lamkin Sonar+.
I just got some Best Grips Microperf undersize, Slightly reduced taper, which are really close to standard, actually.
I tried their standards and they felt like midsize to me.

I have the mid size grips on everything. I have been using them for 5 years now.

I play standard plus a full length & an extra under the bottom hand.

Gp MCC +4 mid size , have all clubs , same. With occasional colour change dependant on shaft colour. Only variance is the putter grip a Slim 2.0 super stroke on the putter .

Regular/standard, I've got smallish hands.

I have taken a liking to softer grips. I really like the Winn DriTac 2.0 and CP2's.

Mid size feel best. But thin on woods, standard on irons, fat on wedges.

It's the only way.

Tried the midsize MCC +4 on my 2H today for a little bit. Definitely feel less tension in my hands, but the gorilla swing came out and needs to be tamed a bit. Went from stock to this one. Feeling at impact it totally different. Had a funky release thing going on so I quit early and just putted. Have to revisit.

MCC+4 Midsize. I wear a ML Cadet , but the reduced taper and larger grip size has reduced my grip pressure, promoting a better release for more distance. I had the opposite of expected result with the bigger grip, I had to make some adjustments to retain my fade, I was turning it over when I first tried the larger grip.

Back