Hacker stole PlayStation Users' Info

interlooper

Wishing I was golfing now
Reaction score
Handicap
Just wanted to give you folks a heads-up. Over the weekend I tried to use Netflix on my PS3 and noticed that the system didn't automatically sign-in as usual. It gave an error message. So I researched it and found out this bad news.

Apparently a hacker has gained access to the system and, unfortunately, was able to obtain "users' names, home addresses, e-mail addresses, birth dates and passwords." Moreover, Sony is "advising you that your credit card number and expiration date may have been obtained."

If you use the PS Network for anything, I would take the necessary steps to protect yourself.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/04/26/playstation.network.hack/index.html?hpt=T2

This whole mess has been pretty eye opening, and fascinating to see how helpless Sony has been.

Yeah, I've been trying to make sense of their email. I don't think I have any credit card info but Ill have ot double check.

So XBOX's 59.99 per year goes towards security? LOL

This kid came to Gamestop to trade in his 360 because of live fees. We told him ps3 had been hacked, you couldn't use the system, and people's financial information may have been compromised - his answer? "the Internet is still free." I hope no one's info has been stolen and I hope Sony reimburses you all.

Tap before talk.

oh well, I guess I will just have to wait to play Socom online the the dork I am

Back