Ajcoop20

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
just picked up a hanger training aid, and what looks like a nerf football in a kit at a garage sale i stumbled into looking for tools. bought the whole thing for a buck. Daughter had softball practice today at a local park, so i took the shag bag, the hanger and the clubs and stuck it on a 48* wedge. HOLY S*$T, i proceeded to have the best session of ballstriking ive ever had, im not a big "snake oil" training aid guy, but for what im fighting (a flip) this thing is 200% worth it. "flipping" distance with a 48* is usually 100-105 carry. I was carrying it 126-128 using the hanger.

just picked up a hanger training aid, and what looks like a nerf football in a kit at a garage sale i stumbled into looking for tools. bought the whole thing for a buck. Daughter had softball practice today at a local park, so i took the shag bag, the hanger and the clubs and stuck it on a 48* wedge. HOLY S*$T, i proceeded to have the best session of ballstriking ive ever had, im not a big "snake oil" training aid guy, but for what im fighting (a flip) this thing is 200% worth it. "flipping" distance with a 48* is usually 100-105 carry. I was carrying it 126-128 using the hanger.
Any pictures of this miracle device?

There was guy in 1990s who said he invented a new way to learn the golf swing by using a clothes hanger. He was on a golf forum and he called himself "Golf One". He called it his " g1 hanger system". He had all kinds of different ideas on the golf swing.

He was living in Ardmore OK. Since I drove by there several times a year, I made arrangements through the forum to meet him. (I actually thought he was a phoney). Boy was I surprised and proven wrong. He knew what he was talking about. He even had picts of himself working a few pga pros, and a few nfl player.

Reading the OP's. Hanger post made me remember Golf One. So, I went to You Tube and looked up the hanger golf system. Although the You Tube version is a lot more sophisticated looking, it's the same basic idea. The big difference being the the clothes hanger was held in place with the golfer's hands.

Kind of a blast from the past for me. I don't know about the newer YT version, but the old clothes hanger version had some merit.

I love how one of the responses from 2017 is basically "HAHAHAH $70 no way" and now it's on sale on their site for $112 (down from $140!)

Now, I will say this. I have one, I bought on sale from them a few years back, I did not pay $70 for it, it was less than that and then I somehow ended up with a refund (Did not ask for it, but I think they forgot my order and basically decided to refund the whole thing regardless).

I have tried to use it several times, but never successfully. Every now and then I still pick it up and slowly swing a club in my office with it on. I can see what it is meant to do but for the life of me cannot swing it on a club properly. Last time I looked there do seem to be some more YT videos about it and for it, so I might try again but then would I just undo what my actual instructor is working on!?

Back