Hard time finding a nice W I D E leather (waterproof) shoe

jpetermann

Reaction score
Handicap
I have 2 pair of Squarz. Very heavy shoe. Ok Overall.
Adidas has some I can wear, but they are mostly a cloth blend and not waterproof.
I just bought a pair of G/Fore Mg4+. Nice shoe, but just not wide enough.

I have bad feet, so I have to have something supportive yet stylish.
Would also like it to be all leather, and plenty wide (arthritis as well).

Heel spurs and planter fasciitis suck!

Have you looked at Ecco shoes? I believe they are well suited to a wide foot. Definitely waterproof and of high quality. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for

True Linkswear Originals.

Have you looked at Ecco shoes? I believe they are well suited to a wide foot. Definitely waterproof and of high quality. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for
I have tried a pair or two of those. The ones I tried were not wide enough, but to be fair they were not specifically a wide size. I will look again. Thanks

Adidas MC80? I sized down on my second pair by 1/2 size because while the first pair fit, it's a little wider than I'd like. I have to wear a thicker sock and make sure to lace it tight.

Gfore Gallivanter wide.

Adidas zg series was good too.

Im a EE and can't wear Nike or stock Adidas shoes. I have a pair of Wide Eccos and they are very comfortable. I also find that Footjoy Contour line to be wider than normal. I can were those in stock sizes. The wides were actually too wide for me.

I wear wide Eccos and like them a lot. Footjoy Premier offer an extra wide option. That might be worth looking into. Some places, like Amazon, have a 7 day try before you buy. Might be able to get some options, as the stores don't always carry everything.

As above Ecco’s ( wide versions ) will accomodate and being made of yak leather , very comfortable .

Trues , are like spiderwebs around your feet , light and comfortable for a round of walking .

Either brand should help , and you could always apply water proof spray too , that also to repellant of moisture ingress.

The struggle is real. I’m a 4E and have just settled with the New Balance offerings.

This is my constant difficulty. The TrueLinks were a good fit, but the zero drop gives me no cushion and my home course feels like asphalt under my feet. Ecco H4 Boas were good, expensive, but I beat the crap out of shoes just from walking in them. Sqairz, ok, too heavy. Might try a wider Adidas CodeChaos? Or Footjoy flex. Heck, even a Skecher shoe.

This is my constant difficulty. The TrueLinks were a good fit, but the zero drop gives me no cushion and my home course feels like asphalt under my feet. Ecco H4 Boas were good, expensive, but I beat the crap out of shoes just from walking in them. Sqairz, ok, too heavy. Might try a wider Adidas CodeChaos? Or Footjoy flex. Heck, even a Skecher shoe.

If leather isn’t a requirement for you check out the New Balances. They’re not much on looks but they have wide and extra wide and they’re comfortable.

Thanks for all of the replies. I will check out some of these that I’ve been listed that I haven’t already looked at.

Back