Have you ever bought an infomercial golf club?

mjkladis

"CLETUS"
Reaction score
Handicap
BOOM!! POW!!!

I've had those nights were I see these crazy golf club infomercials claiming to revolutionize golf!!
There are plenty of sastified customers and so unknown pro saying that it's the best club in their bag!

Warrior Golf is always a popular one and so is the HammerX driver!

Have you ever been seduced by a club you saw on an infomercial?
If so, what was it and how long was it in your bag?

BOOM!! POW!!!

I've had those nights were I see these crazy golf club infomercials claiming to revolutionize golf!!
There are plenty of sastified customers and so unknown pro saying that it's the best club in their bag!

Not bought anything from any infomercial.... let alone a golf club...don’t plan to start....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't but I did golf with a guy in Colorado this past weekend that had one of those Square Strike wedges. I think this is intended to be used around the greens but the dude was taking full swings with it from like 60 yards. My buddy and I had a good chuckle over it but the guy really seemed to like it - despite getting up and down exactly 0 times. *shrug*

The Alien Wedge was as close as I got to buying something golf-related off an infomercial.

I played a couples with a guy who had a HammerX driver.

It was an absolute POS but I couldn't help but check it out!
Seeing one of those in person is pretty rare!

I know a few around here game the GX-7 driver thing which is crazy to me.

Never have been down that road.

I haven't but I did golf with a guy in Colorado this past weekend that had one of those Square Strike wedges. I think this is intended to be used around the greens but the dude was taking full swings with it from like 60 yards. My buddy and I had a good chuckle over it but the guy really seemed to like it - despite getting up and down exactly 0 times. *shrug*

The Alien Wedge was as close as I got to buying something golf-related off an infomercial.

WOW! Full swings with that? Whatever works for him I guess!

Yes, LOL...

Never calling in to order during an infomercial but I have chased some down on ebay following.

Guilty list:

Alien Wedge (up & out!)
Purespin Wedge (diamond face, don'tcha know??)
Purespin Driver (kevlar shaft!)
Orlimar Trimetal (actually played them for years)
Adams Tight Lies (eh)

Yes, LOL...

Never calling in to order during an infomercial but I have chased some down on ebay following.

Guilty list:

Alien Wedge (up & out!)
Purespin Wedge (diamond face, don'tcha know??)
Purespin Driver (kevlar shaft!)
Orlimar Trimetal (actually played them for years)
Adams Tight Lies (eh)

My uncle still games a Pure Spin wedge!

I always heard the Trimetals were actually really good.

Adams Tight Lies...and I think I still have it in my basement.

Nope, haven't been suckered into it yet...although it would be fun to see if any of the claims are true on some of them. "Tee-Less Driver" - WTF?!

Pure spin wedges , who didn't buy one.

Nope, haven't been suckered into it yet...although it would be fun to see if any of the claims are true on some of them. "Tee-Less Driver" - WTF?!

I find it pretty exciting to see some of these clubs out on the course! LOL!
It's funny how many people will go buy a club hoping it fixes their issues.

BOOM!! POW!!!

Never purchased but I let Warrior talk me into their free wedges and barely made it off their call list. Sheesh.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Never purchased but I let Warrior talk me into their free wedges and barely made it off their call list. Sheesh.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I still get emails from them and I don't remember ever signing up for them in the first place!!

Nope I have not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it pretty exciting to see some of these clubs out on the course! LOL!
It's funny how many people will go buy a club hoping it fixes their issues.

I can't say I've ever noticed any of them out on the course yet, but I think I should start looking harder and casually interview the users of said clubs/devices.

No I haven't.
My neighbor bought a Square Wedge and uses the heck out of it.
He isn't any good with it, but one shot out of 15 he hits well and it keeps him using it.

No but I would surely give one as a gag gift to a buddy who could never hit it straight

https://youtu.be/5YYaQgQ0IFc
c830c29ee9e32171508c9ed90ab49ed3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Orlimar Tri-Metal. Actually I hit the snot outta that thing. Also the medicus.

Never bought an infomercial club, but I did sign up for a free trial. I forget the name, they're still advertising today. It was around 2006, I signed up for a 5 wood I believe.

I quit playing golf in 2007 and just 2 years ago, maybe 3 I got a telephone call and they said congratulations, you're getting a free 5 wood. I told em I didn't play anymore, never mind. Ok.

Nope, not old enough yet. Seems like most are targeting senior golfers. The one exception I can think of is the C3i wedge. My wife said she wanted one, I told her to order it and that ended her want.:act-up:d

Back