Have you ever bought golf items because of a brand ambassador?

Have you ever bought golf related items because of a brand ambassador?

• Yes

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 73.4%

• Total voters

OhioGolfer

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Weather
I am in a marketing class and just taking a poll for a project to see if a brand ambassador has ever influenced a purchase for you. With the internet and social media rising, my question for you is have you ever made a purchase because of a brand ambassador that a golf company has used to market their products?

I don't think I have bought anything because of someone in particular. Good advertising, of course but not because of an actual brand ambassador. At least not that I can remember.

Yes, but it was way before the Internet. Palmer The Standard. My first forged irons. They were beautiful.

I don't think so. At least not on a conscious level. I think a lot of market is to tap into our subconscious so maybe seeing an ambassador enjoy a product makes me think I'll enjoy it. But I don't purposefully buy things based on which celebrity is trying to sell them to me.

I have never been influenced or been seduced by a brand ambassadors endorsement of a product or service .Of any kind . I will as needs be , make a informed choice depending on magnitude of purchase and , it’s fit for purpose.

Don’t need to have someone , who’s clearly making some advantage fiscally or otherwise , flogging a product, now if they are using it and without any relationship of renumeration or promotion that may be more authentic , but broadly no.

I’ve bought brands based on people that work for them, amd getting to meet those people and see there passion for the game and their product. Example would be Callaway after meeting them all at TheGrandaddy.

I don't believe I have

I voted yes, but it may not be what you are looking for. When I was younger (maybe 14) a worker at a demo day gave me a driver. I used that brand for 15+ years after that, upgrading models multiple times. Whos knows if I ever would have if the employee didn't give me the club.......

Last edited:
I'll say yes. But I think that I'm taking a small liberty in the definition of brand ambassador.

I’ve bought brands based on people that work for them, amd getting to meet those people and see there passion for the game and their product. Example would be Callaway after meeting them all at TheGrandaddy.
If we are using that as an example, then I would change my vote to a resounding yes. Getting to know the people behind the brand is a huge reason I'm as loyal to Callaway as I am.

But I figured for the sake of the question, it was those who get paid to promote the product on social media but don't technically work for them.

Cobra One Length Irons... Bryson. I thought he was onto something. I haven't looked back.

Hmm, that’s an interesting question. I am trying to parse out my buying and why and it’s an interesting thought process.

I’ve tested equipment based on seeing them in videos but not really because of the ambassador. If I see a brand ambassador playing a new iron I might go look for it in a store to check out the looks. Especially if they start getting more consistent or a different ball flight than they had. For the smaller ticket items like apparel, it never makes an impact. I like what I like and aside from knowledge about a product’s existence it doesn’t do much for me.

I don’t consider employees as brand ambassadors. They are the best ambassadors for the brand though, and I have purchased irons sight unseen because of a recommendation from an employee. Hands down the best move I made. I made a different equipment purchase because of the company’s activity here. Another happy outcome. I’m more likely to take the word of unpaid fellow golf nuts than any paid brand ambassador.

No, don't think I have

I've bought bourbon:rolleyes:, but I'ma brand ambassador for one of the distilleries. Not big thing,I don't get anything special from the distillery.

Nope and i could care less, Doesnt influence me at all. And actually I dont care for exaggerated overhype (much of which means nothing) and is kind of a turnoff.
But thats just me.
You asked...and Im just being honest.

The current Mizuno brand ambassador had me thinking. Can’t remember name, but always tune in when he guests on SM.

No, I don't pay much attention, if any, to the words of a paid spokesperson for any product. I just don't believe in paid hype.

I like to find, and figure out purchases for myself. This, maybe after I see someone using equipment they don't get paid to use.

If we are using that as an example, then I would change my vote to a resounding yes. Getting to know the people behind the brand is a huge reason I'm as loyal to Callaway as I am.

But I figured for the sake of the question, it was those who get paid to promote the product on social media but don't technically work for them.

Yeah, you could be right. If it’s the latter, then my answer would change no. I don’t think I’ve ever paid attention to those people that are paid to promote product on social media.

No, but I've avoided buying golf items because of certain ambassadors, or a brand's status change with an ambassador.

I have not purchased because of an ambassador, I have wanted to buy something and then looked for an ambassador for a discount code.

I bought Ashworth clothing because of Fred Couples and a TW polo or two because of the Big Cat.

I have to say yes. It's been a long time since it's been an influence but I did have a pair or Jordans.

only accessories at this point and maybe polos

Nope. I buy based on reviews here.

Back