Help Choosing a New PC

switch that gpu 1050 for a 1070 and you've got something that will definitely last a few years

should be able to find 2x8gb RAM cheaper than 1x16

I'd go with an 80+ Gold PSU over a Bronze but SeaSonic is good and is an OEM for other companies

switch that gpu 1050 for a 1070 and you've got something that will definitely last a few years

should be able to find 2x8gb RAM cheaper than 1x16

I'd go with an 80+ Gold PSU over a Bronze but SeaSonic is good and is an OEM for other companies

Funny enough, the 1x16 I picked was cheaper than all the 2x8s.

Also, while I'd love to have a 1070, that would tack at least $350. Trying to stay below $850 total.

Agree to get a better PSU. Especially if you want to upgrade in the future.

Otherwise, it's something I would buy for myself given your budget.

Funny enough, the 1x16 I picked was cheaper than all the 2x8s.

Also, while I'd love to have a 1070, that would tack at least $350. Trying to stay below $850 total.

in that case, a 1060 is not that much more than a 1050ti and outclasses it in pretty much every way

OR an AMD RX 570 which should price in between the 1050ti and 1060

in that case, a 1060 is not that much more than a 1050ti and outclasses it in pretty much every way

OR an AMD RX 570 which should price in between the 1050ti and 1060

Cool, thanks. I'll check those.

I am very tech savvy but as I am getting older I am losing interest in building them anymore. I prefer buying something with a warranty and support to avoid me the headache of troubleshooting issues. I do plenty of that without the need to troubleshoot what is a pretty integral part of my life.

If not in major hurry to build/buy, set up some slickdeals keyword deal alerts and wait for some items to get lower. I did this couple months ago and was able to pick up via frys daily email deals an HP Pavilion i5-6400 2.7 w/8gb, 128 SSD, 1TB HD and a RX480 4gb for under $500.00 shippped. Only thing I don't like is it only a 300w bronze psu, if we get to playing tons of games, I might put in something larger/better. Also It's not a set up to let us run the latest/greatest PC games on the best graphics with everything turned on but it should last us at least 5 years.

If not in major hurry to build/buy, set up some slickdeals keyword deal alerts and wait for some items to get lower. I did this couple months ago and was able to pick up via frys daily email deals an HP Pavilion i5-6400 2.7 w/8gb, 128 SSD, 1TB HD and a RX480 4gb for under $500.00 shippped. Only thing I don't like is it only a 300w bronze psu, if we get to playing tons of games, I might put in something larger/better. Also It's not a set up to let us run the latest/greatest PC games on the best graphics with everything turned on but it should last us at least 5 years.

Not a bad idea. Thanks.

Circling back towards building after not being able to find what I want in a pre-packaged tower. What do you all think of this build?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fsX9gL

Good choices, and good feedback on potential upgrades. I just bought that very Seasonic Bronze to replace a defunct unit in my home server. I have had good luck with AMD processors, Samsung SSDs, and G. Skill RAM. No experience with ASRock or Zotac. You seem to have selected a high bang for the buck system with very good pricing.

Back