Help needed: Drop when I initiate downswing

CMedina84

Reaction score
Handicap
8-12
So I'm having problems in my down swing. If you take a look at the slowmo video when I start my down swing the club drops, my lead arm drops, and I just come from the inside. This leads me to push it to the left when I make and snap hook my driver BAD.

I've seen my local instructor but I don't get sent home with any drills. Any tips or drills will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I tried to view your video but it never came on.

That's a good looking swing, the position at the top is great. you have the exact opposite problem I have, as I come slightly over the top at the position where your arms drop. For me I get too much initiation with my arms and not enough hips and legs first. I would defer to Freddie with more knowledge for a proper drill for that, but I would suggest as a practice, try to get more of your dominate hand into the shot in attempt to cover the ball, this would keep the arm from dropping and lagging behind your body.

Also noticed that your take away is slightly inside and your left elbow is folding in little much, causing you having to come from the inside. Try to keep the swing as wide as you can and that left elbow far away from your rib side through the back swing. This will help with the distance as well.

Last edited:
Take look at the 11 sec mark in your video. The left hip and right butt cheek are supporting all yout weight. This means you can only drop the club on the inside or come over the top. The good news is you are no coming over the top.

To stop from being so inside on the down swing, I suggest you turn your weight over you left leg and not your right. This will allow to fire the club from the inside but it will also give you the time to release the club down the line toward your target. Keep more flex in the left leg, it will help with keeping the weight on the left leg.

Do you happen to have any images or videos when yous ay turn my weight over my left leg. I work better off of visuals. Just curious! THanks for the input!

Back