Help please. Reshafting z785

gideonyoun

Reaction score
Handicap
So I'm not new to tinkering with clubs. I've changed out plenty of shafts including my 765's but today I pulled a 6i 785 and im really confused.

After I pull a head, I'll reheat it to loosen the left over epoxy. I'll then scrape with a small screw driver to get chunks out then drill out the remainder with a copper bristle bit.

With the 6i, I got all of the epoxy out but at the bottom, there seems to be a very soft metallic material and I've scraped a good bit of it out thinking it was epoxy. I still haven't reached the bottom of the hossel and I know this to be true because I measured from the top of the hossel to the bottom on both the 765 6i and a 785 8i. Both are identical but the 785 6i is still about 1/2 cm shorter. Ive been scraping away at it and I've got a lot out but it's still significantly shorter.

What is this? It's not intentionally there from factory is it? Does tungsten powder melt with high heat?

BTW these were purchased used and the seller isn't of any help.

Keep scraping? Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Here is a good video on reshafting. Its very possible that the metallic at the end is a tip weight for swing weight purposes. Although it wouldn't be too soft.

Here is a good video on reshafting. Its very possible that the metallic at the end is a tip weight for swing weight purposes. Although it wouldn't be too soft.

I'm thinking it's some sort of tip weight as well. I've always used brass weights that go inside the shaft so I'm not familiar with this. If it's a weight, it would have to be one that went down the shaft from the butt , which is why I thought maybe it was some sort of powder that melted, i.e tungsten powder.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Back