Here from the 907!

907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey to all the TST friends.

To those that don't know me, my name is Alex, I'm 15 (16 in December) and currently living in Alaska. I started playing golf in May '07 and am currently a 7.7 USGA handicap index. For the next 2 school years I will be living in Eugene, Oregon and playing golf there. I hope to get a scholarship and play at the University of Oregon.

Well I guess that's a little bit about me, and if your ever in Anchorage and need someone to play with, I'm always ready to play :banana:

Thanks for joing THP. We hope you have a great time here and enjoy the conversations. We are a fun bunch, that enjoys talking about just about anything. Opinions are very welcome here and please just have fun. And don't forget to tell all of your friends how much you like THP.

Hi Alex,

Wow a 7.7 in a year and a half. I'm a 7.7 on about 5 holes and I've been at this thing for 30 years!

Good to have you here.

What's "the 907?" I've always wondered that about your screenname.

Area code in parts of AK

Ah, ok, makes sense. Hello!

Area code in parts of AK

Almost, it is the area code for Alaska. We are the biggest state in the US, but we only have one area code for the state, go figure :dohanim:

And to your Texans, if we cut Alaska in half, Texas would be the 3rd largest state in the US.

I just realized that you were in Texas Julie, haha

I forgot basic geography and state abbreviations.

Almost, it is the area code for Alaska. We are the biggest state in the US, but we only have one area code for the state, go figure :dohainm:

And to your Texans, if we cut Alaska in half, Texas would be the 3rd largest state in the US.

I just realized that you were in Texas Julie, haha

Interesting. It's funny, when I lived in Minneapolis, we had FOUR area codes. Since I've moved here, to one of the biggest cities in Texas, we have one area code - but I still haven't gotten out of the habit of giving the whole 10 digit number.

Here is FL we have tons. Heck in the Tampa Bay area alone, we have 2.

MN had seven total, four for the metro area alone. When I was little, the metro area was all one.

Welcome 907golfer12.

Back